Northwest Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Northwest Passage

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes curiously eyes the bug-thing and says "Please excuse me, but would you happen to have some healing potions about? And some general healing would be great." He smiles and says "not meaning to be ungrateful, ya know, just askin'." He smiles at the thing and shrugs.

OOC: Can't hurt to ask, eh?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm

The creature turns to Grimes and bats its eyes. Do I look like a potion salesman? Am I a cleric? I think not. I'm sure some healing would be great, but so would Chaos to bend to Law in the great war. I'm afraid I cannot offer these things. You are not suffering, and have none dead among you, so why do you ask? Your own healer is a dwarf of great power, even greater now that he wields the mighty hammer of Law: Whelm. You appear to be in Poseidon's service, a neutral offering at best, but I'm sure the Lawful dwarf will help you if you ask.

Now you, on the otherhand, turning to face Shea.

You wield Blackrazor, a chaotic weapon of terrible power. Beware its influence. Beware its effects. If it causes you to turn against the will of Law, be done with it.

Thank you all for your service to Law and the Rainbow City. Once this terrible war is through, we can be done and you can be rewarded well beyond what you've already acquired.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Dieter - Mage

Right then, let's be off shall we? Taking a brief look at Shae to make sure she is not cracking. Dieter will start to make his way back to where they left "whats-his-name" and the horses. Hopefully there will be a town on the way to our encounter with fate. We need to unload some of this stuff. Maybe sleep in a bed for a night... stupid sphinx... riddle me this... my foot in your...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:15 am

Grimes

Grimes scowls at the bug thing and says "Just asking, no need to be cranky. Bug. Harrumph." He makes a dismissive gesture toward the thing and says "Well, lets go save civilization again, since the powers that be seem to be unfit for the task. And Shae, pay no mind to buggy here. It's obvious he's got an axe to grind. WELL? What are we waiting for?"

Grimes taps Wave on the ground and glances skyward, saying "Poseidon, just show me the way. I am your humble servant."
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:02 am

Furuk - Fighter

"I agree, I've heard enough of this bug's nonsense. It's creeping me out looking at it."

"We need to get back to civilization and see how much the tide has changed. Hopefully, it's changed enough that somebody knows where our bank accounts went."
Craigers07

Postby kjc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 am

greyarea wrote:...Now you, on the otherhand, turning to face Shea...
...You wield Blackrazor, a chaotic weapon of terrible power. Beware its influence. Beware its effects. If it causes you to turn against the will of Law, be done with it...

Shae - Fighter/Mage
Shae clenches her jaw. "No one or noTHING will ever tell me what to do. Never again... she says softly to herself.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:16 pm

The creature smiles and nods at you. As I said...

You, dear, are needed back at the Rainbow City,
it says to Einar, stroking his face. I'm sure they won't mind your share of the treasure, and the Guildmaster of Thieves in the Hall of Lattices has requested your presence. Come along now.

She seems to wink at Grimes. You are a feisty one. Poseidon was right when he told me you needed his guidance. I hope you retreat from that edge: the Tomb is for those in command of their emotions. Luckily for you, I like to have my fun too. She spits something like a mist-web that covers all of you for a moment and then disappears. Your skin tingles and your wounds--the scars, the burns, the bruises, all disappear.

Then with a wave of its... arms? it shifts and the world around it seems to pucker. It is gone, as is Einar and his gear. Sir Bluto disappears also with a poof, and a clink is heard. A small sack of gems totaling his reward is left where he was standing.

The party has no other recourse than to leave this place. Stepping over the fallen body of the spinx, the party heads back to the entrance and out. The mountainside is cold and windy on this grey day. A long walk leads you back to the small grotto where your horses and Karl await. Karl runs and embraces Theo, weeping tears of joy. He then helps the other to carry the loot and all to the cave for better weight distribution.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27 <sleep, continual light, fireball >
--Dandy 33/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic >
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>

OOC: Sorry about the extended silence. White Plume Mountain is done (unless I decide to run Return to White Plume Mountain in the future).

7000 XP each

You also have Blackrazor, a potion of healing, a clerical scroll of protection from evil, and Bracers of Armor (AC 6). Oh, and a book that may be a spell-book.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Dieter - Mage

When they arrive at the camp Dieter will take a look at the book to see what it contains. Afterward he'll take a look at the map the insect gave them and try to find his bearings. Looking at the sky: Should we try to get started today? Get away from this place?

OCC: Spells= magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2.
OCC: Dieter took the bracers (if there is no one else who wants them), that would make his AC 2. Sheet updated with bracers, charges added to wand and XP.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Dieter and Shea pour over the book. It is indeed a spell book, and the spells can be copied, one per day, with the use of a read magic spell per copying.

The spells included are:

Floating Disc
Hold Portal
Shield
Levitate
Mirror Image
Knock
Phantasmal Force
Lightning Bolt
Water Breathing
Haste
Dispel Magic
Wall of Ice
Remove Curse
Arcane Eye

It appears multiple pages have been torn out.

Dieter also looks at the map the insect-thing mentioned, which he recalls picking up from the wild manticores... PM Sent

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27 <sleep, continual light, fireball >
--Dandy 33/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic >
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Dieter - Mage

That's a nice collection of spells... hopefully we can find some time to copy them. After looking at the map Dieter thinks it might be a gate. Let's make our way over there. He will point to where the map shows their destination. After they make their way to the location Dieter will look around and try to determine of there is anything of interest. He will also speak: "kil zuit ble".
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain