Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will toss the innkeep 5GP for the rooms, and ask him if he could bring him something to eat.
To the party: "Thanks for the hospitality, the rooms are on me."

"Indeed, Grimes! Me thanks to ye! I be fer buyin'ya an ale if yer up fer it!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Grimes - Fighter

"Indeed. I am always up for an ale with friends, let's drink."
Grimes will sit with Dandy and have a couple ales (he'll buy a round or two as well, tossing out a gold to cover it.) Since he hasn't been with the party long, he'll ask Dandy about what they have been doing, and how they came to have the dead men in the cart, the nocturnal visit to the house, etc. (I have read up since the beginning, but Grimes has no idea what's transpired.) He'll listen in rapt attention as Dandy relays whatever info he shares to him.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Stories at the inn...

The innkeeper brings out some cold mutton and bread with some warm ale. The ale is tasty (one of the better brews you've had in this part of the realm), the mutton greasy but goes well with the crusty, almost stale, bread.

Grimes' queries seem to attract attention from others, who also ask questions. One man asks if the road towards Skull Mountain is safe. Another asks if you've seen his kid (the description vaguely matches one of the kids, Bo, that you had captured). A dwarf asks if there is any gold in that mountain. A half-elf asks if you've slaughtered everyone there. The barmaid, a comely half-orc (for a half-orc) named Nuruka, prods you on and is in obvious awe at your heroism. The rest mainly just listen because this is the closest thing to entertainment they have.

The night grows long but Nuruka will keep the ale coming as long as you like.

greyarea

Postby Adapt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 am

Wulfric - druid

Wulfric sits attentively near Grimes and Dandy. "I, too, would like to hear your tales. I know as little as Grimes about your travels up until we met you. What is this 'Skull Mountain' you speak of?" Although he himself does not partake of any spirits, he will happily buy a few pints for Dandy and any others in the party who help get them brought up to speed on their travels so far.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 am

Adapt wrote:Wulfric - druid

Wulfric sits attentively near Grimes and Dandy. "I, too, would like to hear your tales. I know as little as Grimes about your travels up until we met you. What is this 'Skull Mountain' you speak of?" Although he himself does not partake of any spirits, he will happily buy a few pints for Dandy and any others in the party who help get them brought up to speed on their travels so far.

Dandy gets into his best, Dwarven story-telling mode including plenty of drama and sound effects as he spins the tales of their journey into the skull mountain of cultists!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:33 am

Grimes - Fighter
Grimes is on the edge of his seat, savoring every detail. This sort of thing is exactly what he's been looking for. When Dandy slows down or takes a breather for some ale or mutton, Grimes will ask:
"So... will you be headin' back to take more fight to these cultists and evil-doers? I hate to impose, but if you have room for me, I'd be anxious to go... assuming my friend Wulfric wants to go. We're a package deal. And we can certainly hold our own."
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter
Grimes is on the edge of his seat, savoring every detail. This sort of thing is exactly what he's been looking for. When Dandy slows down or takes a breather for some ale or mutton, Grimes will ask:
"So... will you be headin' back to take more fight to these cultists and evil-doers? I hate to impose, but if you have room for me, I'd be anxious to go... assuming my friend Wulfric wants to go. We're a package deal. And we can certainly hold our own."

"AYE!!" If'n'it be fer up'ta me! We'll be fer headin back! An'me thinks tha two'of ye will be welcome ta'boot!"

connivingsumo

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 am

Furuk relaxes while Dandy gets the newest companions caught up. He divides his attention between listening to the stories and checking out the barmaid.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:49 pm

The barmaid seems to be giving Furuk the eyes.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 pm

greyarea wrote:The barmaid seems to be giving Furuk the eyes.

ooc: HUBBA-HUBBA!! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain