New Labyrinth Lord

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

New Labyrinth Lord

Postby hogscape » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 am

I would really like to see a new print edition of LL with a new cover and interior illustrations AND all the various bits and bobs fixed up (of which there are many examples in this forum).

What are the chances of that happening I wonder?

I know the "style" of the current edition is a deliberate choice but there are hundreds of talented artists out there that would happily donate art for the sake of getting published.
hogscape

Re: New Labyrinth Lord

Postby merias » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:52 pm

I'd be OK with a new edition that fixes the small errata, like the kind seen in the 'errata' thread here in this forum - obvious mistakes in spell area of effect, for example. The bigger design choices, not so much. Here I'm speaking of the usual things like Dwarves and two-handed weapons, armor prices, and backstab. I'm OK with using my own interpretations of these rules and leaving them as-is. I also love the art, I wouldn't want to see it changed. Of course this last is admittedly subjective and everyone has differing tastes. I'd really like to see a combined LL/AEC, however. I see that as far more useful than a new LL revision.
merias

Postby Omote » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:07 pm

I've got to agree with merias on this one. I do love the overall look and presentation of the current LL, AEC, and the screens. Just fix up all of the errata and hopefully we can get a combined LL+AEC at some point. However, a complete redo with all new art could be cool too. I just like the fact that GG and Dan Proctor stuck to a certain visual style that is nice and consistent. So many other OSR do-dads do not follow a visual design aesthetic with art and tone being all over the place.

~O
Omote

Postby Wulfgar22 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah...I really like the covers of the current editions. Been looking forward to the combined LL/AEC for a loooong time!
Wulfgar22

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:30 am

The combined book will happen, have faith! I just don't have a timeline in mind yet but it is on my mind!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Omote » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Whoa... :shock:

~O
Omote

Postby Blood axe » Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 pm

What things would you like to see fixed/changed in LL. ( Not AEC)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Revturkey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 am

Hi everyone, looking forward to this. A kickstarter to help pay for loads of cool, inspirational old school art would be just the job i reckon :) maybe some of the famous artists from back in the day like DCC have done?
Revturkey

Return to Labyrinth Lord