Gary Con V Announced - March 14-17, 2013

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Gary Con V Announced - March 14-17, 2013

Postby sniderman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:39 pm

It's official! The best convention of them all (in my opinion) has announced next year's dates. For fans of all things old school who don't mind gaming side-by-side with the folks who started us all in the hobby, THIS is the convention to go to. As a tribute to Gary, this event has just exploded in recent years and has become my yearly go-to event.

http://www.garycon.com/

(Luke Gygax made the announcement in the Gary Con forums. The main site hasn't been updated yet, although the date in the top right corner reflects next year's event!)

If you plan to attend -- and if you hang out here, you should! -- you should probably get your reservations into the Lodge ASAP as it will fill up fast this year, I'll bet!
sniderman

Re: Gary Con V Announced - March 14-17, 2013

Postby Wizardawn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Made my reservations!!!
Wizardawn

Postby sniderman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 am

Wizardawn wrote:Made my reservations!!!

All right! Good to hear you're coming out again, and this time for longer than an afternoon! First Spotted Cow is on me!
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Pre-registration opens this Sunday for Gary Con V, so I would suggest making plans now to attend. C'mon -- an old school gaming con in memory of Gary, held in the place where it all started, run and attended by the folks who were there in the beginning. Many folks say that Gary Con is now what Gen Con once was in the early days. How can you NOT try to make it?!

The Early Bird package is $40 for a 4 Day Badge with a free set of 3 Gary Con collectable stadium cups! These cups are usually $25 if you buy them at Gary Con. The stadium cups get you $1 soda and $3 Spotted Cow microbrew all 4 days, as well as FREE BEER or Soda during Happy Hour. This limited availability package can only be purchased through October 15th.

Annnnnd...I'm working NOW on trying to strengthening the Labyrinth Lord Society presence at Gary Con with games, events, and specials for attendees. Let's see what kind of old school turnout we can generate!
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:51 pm

OK gang, I'm starting early because I'd like a strong LLS turnout at Gary Con V in March. We are currently looking for attendees who would be willing to run Labyrinth Lord games at the convention. Last year, there were NO LL games run at Gary Con! If you're attending, let me know! If you're willing to run an event or two under the LLS banner, doubly let me know. (Or if you'd like to run any other Goblinoid Games' offerings like Mutant Future, Timemaster, Starship and Spacemen, Rotworld, and the like.) Even if you don't want to run a game, we plan on having a more fleshed-out Meet-and-Greet as well as special events (and swag) for LLS members!

So post in this thread if you're planning on being there. And if you'd like to run a game or two, drop me a private message.
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:35 pm

See the following post!
Last edited by sniderman on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

OK, I have five Goblinoid Games / Pacesetter events now scheduled for Gary Con (though one Pacesetter event is an old school running of Chill):

DGS Presents: Arbor Day
Chill - 1st edition
Horrific axe murders committed in Oregon’s Tillamook State Forest are identical to those committed by the legendary "Paul Bunyon Killer" 40 years earlier. However, the original murderer -- now elderly and feeble -- remains behind bars. Has a copycat killer surfaced, or is this the work of the Unknown?

The Day The Sky Fell
Timemaster
It’s 1979 and Topeka, Kansas, has been burned off the face of the Earth. Surviving victims claim they saw the Sun itself cut a path of destruction through the city, killing tens of thousands. Tensions between the U.S. and USSR have never been higher, and World War III is imminent unless Time Corps agents can determine what happened and stop it before it ever occurred. This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

Thundarr the Barbarian: Warlord of the Sacred Library
Mutant Future
Lords of Light! Drakexx the Unstoppable has established a stronghold in the forbidden Congers Library where thousands of Ancient texts are stored. What use does a warlord have with these tomes, and what secrets does he hope to unlock? The tribal shaman of the village of Linkon has tasked Thundarr, Ookla, and Princess Ariel with stopping and driving out the mindless brute! This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

Dead in the Water
Mutant Future
Mindless, water-logged abominations have been coming ashore, attacking fishing villages along the coast of The Rainbow Sea and dragging their victims off to a watery doom. Can a ragtag party of post-apocalyptic miscreants discover the answers on the Island of Fire? This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

You Oughta Be In Pictures
Antiquities & Arcana
Curators of the Smithsonian Institute’s “Special Antiquities Collection Division” are tasked with retrieving historically significant items imbued with unearthly abilities. Two days ago, 27 audience members at an all-day film festival in Louisville, Kentucky, vanished without a trace. Curators are sent in to discover what caused the disappearance. Remember the SACD motto: “Magic is all around us. Find it and lock it down.” Come playtest this setting of "dangerous magical artifact retrieval" using the Pacesetter Action Table System. This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And that's just the stuff *I'm* running. There are two more GG games being run by the Faster Monkey folks as well! Bighara will be running his acclaimed module "Realm of the Technomancer." It will be players' choice whether to use the Mutant Future or Labyrinth Lord rule set. Then, Mr. Joel will be running "A Goblin Is You!" using their "In the Shadow of Mount Rotten" supplement for Lab Lord.

There's a strong Goblinoid Games / Pacesetter / Mutant Future / Labyrinth Lord presence this year it appears, and it's gonna get bigger in the coming months!
sniderman

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am

Way to carry the torch sniderman :!:

Wish I could afford the flight from Seattle etc.

Good gaming have fun

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Just a quick note that I can now confirm that Goblinoid Games and faster Monkey Games will each have a table at Gary Con. Our tables will be combined for maximum old-school pleasure!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby sniderman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Fantastic news! Will you be there this year, Dan?
sniderman

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings