Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:53 am

Leon nods at Egberg and examines the statue more closely. If it looks like an ordinary untrapped statue, then Leon will pry a few gems loose without leaving terra firma. As he works, he asks, "So, anyone in the market for that sword?"
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:11 pm

"I am... who else is interested?"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Vargr1105 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 pm

"Not I." says Balfa, "If that blade is in accord with the rest of this place's foul feeling, it may well melt the bones of he who touches it."
Vargr1105

Postby kwll » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 am

"I am not looking for a blade." answers Zavenorrin "But I wonder what happened to this warrior. If he is the one who went done this rope, maybe he triggered something that put him into this sorry state." Looking intently at Leon, he adds: "Be very careful, friend..."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm

"As always," replies Leon. "And I like my own sword and dagger for the moment."
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby Fools Jest » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Immalor, Elf

"If that blade survived this corrosive slime, it must be magicked in some way. I do not have the ability to determine that at this time, however on the morn I could. I would be interested in the blade as well Egg, my trusty axe was not effective against that flesh abomination."

While the others attempt to gather loot, Immalor will search around in less obvious places than the gem statue and the sword, looking for trap doors or other secret paths.
Fools Jest

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 am

Fools Jest wrote:Immalor, Elf

"If that blade survived this corrosive slime, it must be magicked in some way. I do not have the ability to determine that at this time, however on the morn I could. I would be interested in the blade as well Egg, my trusty axe was not effective against that flesh abomination."

While the others attempt to gather loot, Immalor will search around in less obvious places than the gem statue and the sword, looking for trap doors or other secret paths.

Egbert

Looks at Immalor and nods in agreement, "Aye! Me too! I rammed me longsword right into his mid-section... nothin! I've never seen anythin'like it!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:17 pm

OOC: seems as though mainly Egbert & Immalor have eyes on the fachion, rolls: Egbert 69, Immalor 72. Immalor claims the falchion drawing it up from the mucky debris it sticks out of from an angle. It is of fine craftmanship, once the thin slime coating is wiped clean.

Leon, attempts to pry out a few gem eyes nearest the base. It takes a steady hand to remove them without chipping or de-facing them. He manages to get 7 of them out after 20 minutes of work. He holds them in his hand watching them gleam off the torchlight. They are emerald green, multi-faceted and are slightly larger than a human eyeball. Their are a dozen or more left on the statue higher up.

Meanwhile..Immalor searches around looking through the slime coated ruins of the inner Temple. He finds no secret doors, and nothing else of apparent interest. The fallen warrior nearby is wearing a leather pack on his back, though it appears quite corroded by slime.

It is now 520pm. It will be dark in an hour or so. It occurs to you that you don't have a clear picture of how exactly to get to Krakesborough or Castle Krake besides heading into the swamp and looking about (unless anyone has any ideas?). If you wish to spend the night here you may have to burn an area dry again?

What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Vargr1105 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

"The sun will soon be setting." Balfa mentions, "Methinks camping under the stars, with our animals near will be more salubrious than shaking under this house of ill-omen. What say you?"
Vargr1105

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Eggi

"Heya, luuk in tha backpack. I'll sleep wherevers - starry sky, or down in here. We otter come back fer these gems though." He says as he points higher up the statue.

connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet