Let's have a strong LLS presence in 2013!

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

Let's have a strong LLS presence in 2013!

Postby sniderman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 am

Hey gang!

It was great having an "official" Labyrinth Lord Society Meet and Greet at Gen Con this year, but it was a fairly casual affair. Nice chance to meet each other and swap some tales, but I'd really like to see the Labyrinth Lord Society have a stronger public presence at events. Ergo here are some thoughts on getting the Labyrinth Lord Society more into the public eye:

** I'd like to see a gathering of LLS members at conventions. Not just a meet and greet, but a true "discuss the state of the Society and direction it's heading" meeting. (This could, of course, be under the guise of a kick-ass kick-off party for the event!)

** I'd like to see the LLS members running games at conventions under the banner of the Society. Wouldn't it be nice to have the LLS recognized as a premier gaming group bringing the best in GMs to events? And with the cross-section of Goblinoid Games available, it'd be nice to see Mutant Future, Starships and Spacemen, Timemaster, Rotworld, and (of course) Labyrinth Lord events all over the place.

** I'd like to see the relaunch of the newsletter and/or podcast. And I'd like to see the membership truly involved in submissions to the effort.

** I'd like to see LLS-branded swag given to those who play in LLS games, and I'd like to see LLS GMs rewarded for their efforts in promoting the Society. Maybe for every 4 games you run under the LLS banner, you get a "Minion of Orcus" T-shirt or discount on merchandise.

Anyway, my next big convention is Gary Con in March. I plan to run several games of Mutant Future under the Labyrinth Lord Society banner. Any who are attending and running games are encouraged to do so! If you're attending any conventions in 2013, plan to do what you can to bring members together and promote the Society. let's see about getting the Society back to what it once was -- and making it and even bigger and better organization for fans and players of these games!

/off my soapbox
sniderman

Re: Let's have a strong LLS presence in 2013!

Postby Blood axe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 am

Sounds great. You do a lot to promote LL & MF Sniderman. I've been thinking about how LL players can get together, contact each other, etc.
Does Goblinoid Games have a Facebook page? What about our members being "friends".?
Im on Facebook - Chad Kanishock, if anyone wants to get in touch. It could help with conventions & such.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby sniderman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 am

Blood axe wrote:Sounds great. You do a lot to promote LL & MF Sniderman.

Just a fan of the games who is happy to run 'em and support 'em and get the word out as much as I can.

Does Goblinoid Games have a Facebook page? What about our members being "friends".?
Im on Facebook - Chad Kanishock, if anyone wants to get in touch. It could help with conventions & such.

Not a bad idea. I'm not on facebook much (I'm a blog/G+ guy), but here's the GG Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goblinoid ... 3756494289

But we also have this forum, so there's that too. ;)

Perhaps we can sticky a list of upcoming 2013 conventions that will have a LLS contingent. That way, members can see at a glance who will be attending what shows and what events will be running.
sniderman

Postby Blood axe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 am

I figured if a bunch of LL members are FB friends & one posts about a convention or something game related, it will appear on everyones FB page. I think thats how it works anyway. Not a huge Facebooker. Cant hurt to spread the word.
Blood axe

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:00 am

BA (Chad), sent you a friend request on Facebook. Look for a guy named Steve... :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kmelion » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:43 am

Hey, anyone reading this and planning on going to Con on the Cob? Maybe we could have a LLS meeting there. It's October 11th through the 15th around Akron, Ohio. Let's give a shot, alright?
kmelion

Postby Blood axe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 pm

tumblingdice wrote:BA (Chad), sent you a friend request on Facebook. Look for a guy named Steve... :D

Got ya! Thanks!
Blood axe

Postby Wayfaring.Sword » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Reading this thread, I am going to do my part to help grow the LLS. Here is our very own FACEBOOK PAGE. It is so new you can still smell the digital ink. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/LabyrinthLordSociety

Spread the word.
Wayfaring.Sword

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society