Comments on the LL perfect bound editions

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Comments on the LL perfect bound editions

Postby jdcllns » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:07 pm

I've had my perfect bound editions of LL and AEC for about a week now and am really enjoying them. They take me back in time to when I was playing the hell outa AD&D. Only a couple of minor complaints:

First, the perfect bound is a little flimsier than I had expected. Having quite a few comic strip collections around here I expected something comparable.

Second, the basic rule book has the section title at the top of the pages. The AEC only has "Advanced Edition Companion". Why wouldn't the AEC have section titles?
jdcllns

Re: Comments on the LL perfect bound editions

Postby redwullf » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 am

jdcllns wrote:I've had my perfect bound editions of LL and AEC for about a week now and am really enjoying them. They take me back in time to when I was playing the hell outa AD&D. Only a couple of minor complaints:

First, the perfect bound is a little flimsier than I had expected. Having quite a few comic strip collections around here I expected something comparable.

Presumably you got the books from Lulu.com. The flimsiness would be a Lulu issue, not a Labyrinth Lord issue. Though most of the books I've purchased from Lulu have been "very good" to "decent" one does occasionally end up with a "meh" quality product or worse.

jdcllns wrote:Second, the basic rule book has the section title at the top of the pages. The AEC only has "Advanced Edition Companion". Why wouldn't the AEC have section titles?

This was done intentionally to mess with your OCD.

;)
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Re: Comments on the LL perfect bound editions

Postby jdcllns » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Lulu, yes. It was my first experience with them.
jdcllns

Return to Open Discussion