Mutant Future type game

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Mutant Future type game

Postby Blood axe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:42 am

Greetings!

I am looking for 5 players for a Mutant Future type game. It will not be MF exactly, but will be similar.

This will be a dark, gritty game. Several characters may die. But you can create a replacement.

Character creation will also be slightly different, and all dice rolls will be handled by me. All you have to do is guide/direct your character.

Character creation-
Post a picture of your character and some basic things about him. I will determine the abilities/powers based on your description/picture.
(no silly, cartoony pics please)

Types are:
Pure Human- normal humans
Bioreplica- (Bladerunner) organic flesh constructs created
Clone -can be of a famous person/athlete, movie actor, or not
Trans-human- genetically screened/enhanced humans
Cyborg- humans with mechanical augmentation, telescopic eye, gun/chainsaw arm, etc
Ghost Mutant- look like a normal human, but have mutations that are not visible (mental powers,etc.)
Mutant- a human that has physical mutations that are easily visible
Beastial humans- intelligent bipedal animal- humanoids(almost any animal)

Be able to check the game & post at least once every two days.

If interested, post here.

Thanks!
B.A.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Mutant Future type game

Postby Adapt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 am

Is this game here still happening?
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Blood axe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:26 am

If those people still wanna play. I was just going to use a different adventure.
Blood axe

Postby Adapt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 am

I would love to still play. I guess a better question would be: "Would you like it if the people who signed up on that thread signed up for this instead?"

In other words, do you intend to run both this game and that one, or just this one?
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Blood axe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 am

Adapt wrote:I would love to still play. I guess a better question would be: "Would you like it if the people who signed up on that thread signed up for this instead?"

In other words, do you intend to run both this game and that one, or just this one?

I only intend one game. Its just a decision of which one.

One is for young starting characters, the other is more experienced characters and alot deadlier/grittier. Alot of people probably arent too experienced in MF-GW etc, so maybe the first is a better choice for now. Then the other later.
Blood axe

Postby Adapt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 am

Sounds good! Count me in either way. Just let me know which one you decide to run.

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Blood axe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I think I'll try the "beginners" MF game. I just have to PM the others or recruit new players.
Blood axe

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

I'd be up, how does this look?

XHT8311 aka:"Burbank"

XHT8311 was part of an enhanced soldier unit that was retired after a new series of upgraded models were brought online. His unit was put into cryo-sleep in case reserves ever needed to be called up. Being vat grown and modified his model was seen as physical property and not as humans that had any right to rejoin society. His cryo-tube unthawed after the holocaust due to computer failures, he was the only survivor from his unit to his knowledge. He has wandered the ruins ever since looking for his place in this crushed and turbid society. His original training and enhancements burned military command and tight unit integration into his very nature, being alone is something new to him and leaves him at a loss at times. He was not designed to operate for long periods by himself.

He has a unique mark on his left bicep and temple from his unit as well as a bar-code on the back of his neck stating his name/model.

He is skilled in unarmed combat.
He is skilled in archaic fighting.
He is skilled in light weapons (pistol/rifle).
He is skilled in heavy weapons (rocket launcher... etc).
Demolitions, navigation and survival were also heavily trained.
He is able to drive/pilot most land vehicles.

While still human they were bred then enhanced both genetically and chemically for strength, endurance and speed. An intended side effect also resulted in a reduced emotive content. They were also brainwashed when compared to a normal human and have a carefully constructed decision tree burned into their brains that affects their thinking deeply. This can make them appear abrasive and non-intelligent to many. XHT8311s instinct to survive has slowly been unwinding some of his programming but this has only resulted in an interesting cocktail of thoughts.
Last edited by Spanningtree on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Blood axe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:40 am

Cool! If the character will fit- he will be a young untried villager. If not, I will think up something. Maybe a traveller that will aid the village.
Blood axe

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Blood axe wrote:Cool! If the character will fit- he will be a young untried villager. If not, I will think up something. Maybe a traveller that will aid the village.

I think an untried villager would be a bit of a disgrace for him (he's a biological killing machine), I can come up with a simpler character if that would suit the campaign better.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings