OOC Conversations

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: OOC Conversations

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 am

Thanks for the understanding. What makes this more aggravating is that I left a good job for this one, and it was all rosy and with no warning, BAM!
Part of the problem is that the two main investors in our company are millionaire Russian tycoons, and with the sanctions and all that, they are sweating and getting tight with funds. Just my luck. But the job market here in Raleigh/Durham is as good as anyplace, and I've been a networking whore, so I'm rattling the cages and seeing what I can come up with. We'll see...
badams30

Postby kjc » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:24 pm

C'mon dude!
A man with your wit, charm, and good looks...
uhm...
oh krap...
yeah, you're screwed...

Just kidding Brandon, I'm praying for you, I believe in you, you've got this brother! Besides, your job is my ticket to the McRib you promised me! :mrgreen:

EDIT: I told my wife about this, but she didn't follow the whole story at first. She thought your daughters were in danger from a Russian mobster, and she promptly offered to hide your gals/family here with us. :lol:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah, sanction and then a severe drop in the export that makes up 50% of the GDP. Russians are feeling it hard right now, I have some family and friends over there and it's not fun. Sorry to hear it spilled over to the states like that.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:37 am

Hang in there Brandon. You'll find something. Maybe the Russians should invest in McRib sandwiches. Kevin will keep them wealthy for years to come...
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 am

tumblingdice wrote:Hang in there Brandon. You'll find something. Maybe the Russians should invest in McRib sandwiches. Kevin will keep them wealthy for years to come...

:lol:
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Yeah, if the McRib's gave those jerks the screaming shi%s it would be a just punishment. We learn our fate on Tuesday. I've got some interviews lined up too, just to be safe. We'll see. Thanks for the thoughts. It's a scary time...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:25 pm

So, how did things turn out? :shock:
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:10 am

Yeah, sorry for the lack of info. So for the bad news: I lost my job, but so did ALL of our US marketing team and most of the 120 people in the US. Only 20 are left in the US, and 3 offices are closing. My last day is this Friday the 23rd (the day before my birthday... yippee. Happy b-day.)

The good or slightly good news: I started sending resumes out in mid-December as a precaution, and I have been getting A LOT of calls for phone interviews, and have a couple in-person ones scheduled this week. Two opportunities seem like a pretty likely fit (I don't want to jinx myself though) and I have about 5-6 others that would be good places to work too, so I've got a lot in the pipeline at the moment.

As a marketing guy, I'm a big pro-networking fella, but this job search has sold me on the value of networking. Of the 7-8 interviews I've had, all but one came from the network/unadvertised job market. And I get prob 2-3 e-mails a day from people I know passing on jobs to me. I'm very thankful, and I'm confident that something will be a done deal in the very near future.

Thanks for all the support and e-mails, etc. My main worry is for my family (the missus and 3 crazy kids) and health insurance. Money is tight too, but the insurance is mandatory. But I think things will be okay and I anticipate an offer in the next week or thereabouts.

So my apologies for the reduced quality of posts in my player games, and rest assured, once I get all this job crap settled, I'll be RE-LAUNCHING the Forgotten Realms campaign bigger and better, and with a change of scenery coming for the Dutybound!

Thanks again fellas. I appreciate the support.
Brandon
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss and the timing, but that's how it always falls. It sounds like you have quite a few irons in the fire and are likely to find a good fit sooner than later. We'll be praying for you!
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Most importantly, I want my McRib. :cry:
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure