Question Regarding weapons

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Question Regarding weapons

Postby J.L. Duncan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:03 am

I have a skill number of 80 with a automatic hand gun
I have a skill number of 80 with an automatic Rifle

If I produce the same Attack Margin then the damage is the same.

Correct?
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Re: Question Regarding weapons

Postby sniderman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:23 am

Technically, yes. In Pacesetter RPGs, your skill with the weapon determines the amount of damage done rather than the weapon type. So someone with a higher skill with a weapon -- regardless of what it is -- does more damage than someone with little or no skill with the weapon.

However, Monsters Macabre, the new Cryptworld supplement that just ended a successful Kickstarter run, has an appendix with optional Variable Weapon Rules that take into account the type of weapon when determining damage. Look for it later this year!
sniderman

Re: Question Regarding weapons

Postby J.L. Duncan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:13 am

sniderman wrote:Technically, yes. In Pacesetter RPGs, your skill with the weapon determines the amount of damage done rather than the weapon type. So someone with a higher skill with a weapon -- regardless of what it is -- does more damage than someone with little or no skill with the weapon.

However, Monsters Macabre, the new Cryptworld supplement that just ended a successful Kickstarter run, has an appendix with optional Variable Weapon Rules that take into account the type of weapon when determining damage. Look for it later this year!

OK.

It's sort of an interesting way to do it. With how the action table works I imagine combat moves a bit quicker.

I just finished my review of Cyrptworld and overall I had a favorable impression, so I will be submitting it to Knights of the Dinnertable very soon.

Thanks for the reply. ;)
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Return to CRYPTWORLD