GottaCon 2012 [Victoria, BC, Canada]

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

GottaCon 2012 [Victoria, BC, Canada]

Postby kibosh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:39 am

The fourth annual GottaCon is a broad-sprectrum gaming convention held February 3-5, 2012 in Victoria, BC, Canada. This year I will be running 6 classic D&D events:

Title: Against the Cult of the Reptile God
System: Dungeons & Dragons (Labyrinth Lord)
Group: Labyrinth Lord Society Organized Play
Players: 3-7
Slot: 2 (Friday 7PM-11PM)
Description: Terror by night! The village of Orlane is dying. Once a small and thriving community, Orlane has become a maze of locked doors and frightened faces. Strangers are shunned, trade has withered. Rumours flourish, growing wilder with each retelling. Terrified peasants flee their homes, abandoning their farms with no explanation. Others simply disappear...

Ranked the 19th greatest D&D adventure of all time! New players are not only welcome, but encouraged! Bring a 1st to 3rd Level character or play one of the pre-generated characters provided.

Title: Shipwrecked on Volturnus
Group: Vancouver Island Gaming Guild
Slot: 5 (Saturday 9AM-1PM)
Description: The first expedition to Volturnus disappeared without a trace as soon as it entered the Zebulon sea. Now, your team of unknown adventurers finds itself aboard the frigate Serena Dawn, hired to locate and rescue any survivors of that expedition...

This is a cross-genre mash-up of swords and laser-beams in the tradition of old school fantasy roleplaying. It is Part 1 of the 3-part Volturnus series, but participation in the other parts is not required to play. Pre-generated characters will be provided.

Title: Volturnus, Land of Mystery
Slot: 6 (Saturday 2PM-6PM)
Description: Marooned on Volturnus, your party must have luck and intelligence to survive. This land of mystery is hazardous for even the best adventurers. Are you equal to the challenge?

This is a cross-genre mash-up of swords and laser-beams in the tradition of old school fantasy roleplaying. It is Part 2 of the 3-part Volturnus series, but participation in the other parts is not required to play. Pre-generated characters will be provided.

Title: Voidspawn of Volturnus
Slot: 7 (Saturday 7PM-11PM)
Description: The Sathar fleet is bound for Volturnus to wreak destruction on the entire continent. The only hope for survival lies with you. Unite the quarrelling races of Volturnus and lead them to victory against the Sathar!

This is a cross-genre mash-up of swords and laser-beams in the tradition of old school fantasy roleplaying. It is Part 3 of the 3-part Volturnus series, but participation in the other parts is not required to play. Pre-generated characters will be provided.

Title: Tower of the Stargazer
System: Dungeons & Dragons (Lamentations of the Flame Princess)
Slot: 10 (Sunday 9AM-1PM)
Description: Legends tell of a wizard so arrogant that he felt the entire sky was naught but a lens for him to view the stars. So great was the hubris and defiance of this man that the gods smote him with the power of storm and fire. Oh did the wizard laugh at such a pathetic gesture. He did not fear the gods, for he drew his knowledge from something greater. Something darker.

For beginning characters. Bring your own or play one of the pre-generated characters provided.

Title: The Grinding Gear
System: Dungeons & Dragons (Lamentations of the Flame Princess)
Slot: 11 (Sunday 2PM-6PM)
Description: If this adventure does not drain every drop of your blood, then it will disintegrate you. If it does not disintegrate you, it will electrocute you. If it does not electrocute you, it will starve you. If it does not starve you, it still will defeat you in a battle of wits. Are you good enough?

Challenging. Cruel. Rewarding.

For low-level characters. Bring your own or play one of the pre-generated characters provided.

For prizes I will have print copies of Labyrinth Lord: Revised Edition (Perfect Bound), ASE1: Anomalous Subsurface Environment, Vornheim: The Compelete City Kit, The Grinding Gear, Hammers of the God, and the digitally-remasterd Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn and Volturnus series. I am also hoping to have at least something for everyone at the table (like a set of dice or something), and will be giving away CDs of several free OSR rule sets (LL, LotFP, S&W, Star Frontiers, Barbarians of Lemuria, Old School Hack).
FIRST FORT
I have always fought against evil and I've always won.
kibosh

Re: GottaCon 2012 [Victoria, BC, Canada]

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 am

I sure wish I was gonna be in BC, Canada in Feb!! I would love to run in your 'Against the Reptile God' module!!

My neighborhood sucks :(

:lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Blood axe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 am

Kibosh- Can you tell me how you are going about the Star Frontiers - Volturnus - LL games? I am very interested! Where can I get the redone books? (link?)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby kibosh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 am

I will post more details soon, but for now just a link: http://www.starfrontiersman.com/
FIRST FORT
kibosh

Postby Blood axe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 am

kibosh wrote:I will post more details soon, but for now just a link: http://www.starfrontiersman.com/

Awesome! Thank you! Im going to be buying a bunch of print stuff on LULU.
Blood axe

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am

Great link, thanks for throwing that out! Man that game takes me back.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Blood axe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 am

Id love to see a LL/d20 version of Star Frontiers. Very cool game.
Blood axe

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:24 pm

I might need an excuse to head over to the Island for a day...Haven't been there in 6 years or so

If I got on the clipper in PA would the place in Victoria be within a walkable distance when I got off the boat?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby kibosh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Scalydemon wrote:I might need an excuse to head over to the Island for a day...Haven't been there in 6 years or so

If I got on the clipper in PA would the place in Victoria be within a walkable distance when I got off the boat?

Unfortunately not. But the public transportation in Victoria is excellent. If you are interested, I could provide you with info on what bus(es) to take to get to and from the Con and any hotel. Just let me know.
FIRST FORT
kibosh

Return to Gamer Gatherings