[LL ADVENTURE] The Shrine of St. Aleena is Available Now!

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

[LL ADVENTURE] The Shrine of St. Aleena is Available Now!

Postby petespahn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:08 am

Ages ago, in a much simpler time, a young boy embarked upon his very first epic adventure. A dungeon was entered, a friend was made, monsters were fought, and a friend was lost. This is that boy's tribute to the memory of his long forgotten friend. . .

The Shrine of St. Aleena
The Shrine of St. Aleena is a Labyrinth Lord™ adventure designed for 3-6 characters of 1st-3rd level (about 12 levels total). A diverse range of classes is recommended, however, at least one character should be of Lawful alignment. The Shrine of St. Aleena involves a mixture of roleplaying, problem solving, and dungeon crawling. The adventure takes place in a cave complex known as the Shrine of St. Aleena which is set in the Chronicles of Amherth™ campaign setting, but may easily be dropped into any remote wilderness region of any campaign world.

Note: In true old school fashion, a number of the encounters in The Shrine of St. Aleena involve save or die-type mechanics. The Labyrinth Lord is free to alter these effects for groups who prefer less random mortality.

The Shrine of St. Aleena is available HERE.

Adventure Background
Many years ago, a young human fighter and a young female cleric named Aleena did battle with an evil wizard known only as the Infamous One. In a selfless and heroic act, Aleena gave her life to save the fighter and help him defeat the wizard. Her body was returned to her hometown where she was mourned by all.

The Church of Law and Order chose to honor Aleena's sacrifice by naming her a Patron Saint of Adventurers, especially adventuring fighters. A shrine to St. Aleena was constructed and the tale of her death would go on to inspire a generation of brave new heroes. Alas, many of these heroes changed professions, retired from adventuring to raise families, or moved on to greater quests and more fantastic worlds, until in time, Aleena's sacrifice was all but forgotten.

One who did not forget, however, was the Infamous One. Although the evil wizard took pleasure in the memory of Aleena's death, he still despised her role in one of his earliest defeats. When he learned of her ascension to sainthood, his rage began to fester and grow.

The Infamous One recently set in motion a campaign of revenge, sending a goblin horde to raze Aleena's hometown. His assassins then began hunting down adventurers who still professed their faith in St. Aleena. As a final stroke, he sent one of his most vile minions to defile the holy Shrine of St. Aleena.

Can you save the sacred shrine before it is defiled by the Spawn of the Infamous One?
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Re: [LL ADVENTURE] The Shrine of St. Aleena is Available Now

Postby Blood axe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 am

Very cool. Lets see how many can figure it out.... ;)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby petespahn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:39 am

Blood axe wrote:Very cool. Lets see how many can figure it out.... ;)

:)
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
petespahn

Postby Blood axe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:43 am

I just bought it! :D I'll look it over & tell you what I think. Maybe it will be a PBP game here.
Last edited by Blood axe on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blood axe

Postby petespahn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:50 am

Blood axe wrote:I just bought it! :D I'll look it over 7 tell you what I think. Maybe it will be a PBP game here.

Great! Thanks for the support!
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby redwullf » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Hah! It's only based on the very first adventure I ever played, back in 1984.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby petespahn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:44 pm

redwullf wrote:

Hah! It's only based on the very first adventure I ever played, back in 1984.

Well, that makes three of us who got it. . . :)
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby Blood axe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I have read it over after I printed it out. I like it. :D Some good "old school feel". Im going to see if I can run it here as a PBP game.
Blood axe

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm assuming from the replies that it has something to do with the adventure in the Mentzer edition of the basic set?

I have a copy of said set, I just don't get the appeal of it compared to the Moldvay edition.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Blood axe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Dyson Logos wrote:I'm assuming from the replies that it has something to do with the adventure in the Mentzer edition of the basic set?

I have a copy of said set, I just don't get the appeal of it compared to the Moldvay edition.

I agree. I much prefer the Moldvay set over Mentzer. But some people started with Mentzer.
Blood axe

Next

Return to Advertisements