Cybernetics?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Cybernetics?

Postby smarttman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 pm

I was thinking the concept of cybernetic modifications/implants might be cool in a game of Mutant Future. Are there any resources online that give details on including cybernetics?
smarttman

Re: Cybernetics?

Postby Wizardawn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Wizardawn

Postby smarttman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I was thinking of maybe doing a pretty simple system of basically implanting 'regular' equipment into someone's body. They could only have a certain amount of implants (based on constitution), it would cost a lot to get them installed, and there would need to be some kind of drawback (I was thinking there would be some kind of hit to attributes, or maybe they would need to be repaired/maintained).

Or, I could possibly just make a short list of 20 or 30 implants. Hmmm.

Here is a quick write-up I did. Seems pretty good to me.

Ranks = Price

I- 100 credits
II- 1,000 credits
III- 5,000 credits

Can have 1 implant for every 3 points in Constitution

Head Implants
II Nightvision Eyes: You can see in total darkness up to 60 ft, but you can also see colors
II Translator Chip: Comes pre-programmed with 3 languages of choice. You can understand the languages, but can't necessairly speak them
II Breathing Apparatus: You can breathe in hostile environments, such as underwater or in dense smoke. You can not breathe in space, however

Torso Implants
III Nerve Forcefield: Has a 25% chance of blocking energy and mental attacks
III Subdermal Armor: Unarmed, you have an AC of 6
III Heightened Immune System: Gain an additional +1 to ward off diseases, poisons and radiation
II Storage Compartmet: Have a backpack inbuilt into your torso.

Leg Implants
III Springloaded Calves: Can jump 20ft high, can make 100 ft running jumps
III High Metabolic Legs: Moves 10 ft faster than normal
II Balanced Legs: Armor penalty reduced by half when doing Athletics or Stealth checks

Arm Implants
III Weapon Implant: Can replace an arm with a melee weapon (does 1d8 damage) or a ranged weapon (1d6 damage, range of 80ft, unlimited ammo). It's design is up to you
II Extending Arms: Can make arm extended up to 10 ft, hitting opponents (unarmed) at a longer distance and allowing you to grab distant objects easily

Replacement Parts
I Senses (Ears, Nose, Eyes, Tongue, etc.)
II Arm
II Leg
I Hand/Feet
II Genitals
I Minor Things (teeth, fingers, toes, etc)

Attribute Boosts
III +1 to attribute, design is up to you

Skill boosts
II +1 to skill, design is up to you
smarttman

Postby smarttman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

I was also considering making the cybernetics restricted to pure strain humans only.
smarttman

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Restricted to PSH is interesting...and you could allow for issues if a mutant were to have implants.

Usually in RPGs the common downside to having the cybernetic implants is psychological...the loss of body mass equating quickly to depression, paranoia, rage, etc.

Usually they tend to become unbalanced, with some losing a measure of their sanity and humanity.

So if you would prefer that cybernetics be used by PSH due to issues on compatibility, then increase the percentage for mental issues as well as issues of healing and rejection for mutants.

PSH replaces both hands with cyber hands...05-10% chance of psyche issues

Mutant replaces both hands with cyber hands...50-60% chance of psyche issues

That sort of thing.

Count up all the implants...PSH has 7 implants, say 35% chance of issues...Mutant has 7 implants, say 350% or 3 mental disorders + 50% for a fourth
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby smarttman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 am

Yeah, I was thinking about having some additional drawback besides just costing a lot and having a limited amount of implants

I like the 5 to 10 percent for humans, but I think 50 to 60 is too high for mutants. I'd probably make it 15 to 25, or something along those lines.
smarttman

Postby Malcadon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 am

I have been trying to create rules for Android Features and Cybernetics that works like mutations. One of the key features I'm striving for is telecommunication and brain/CPU-hacking in place of psychic powers.

You might find some useful info here and here, at the MF Wiki.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby smarttman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:38 am

The Cybernetic Implants section is a little scant, to say the least
smarttman

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm

smarttman wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about having some additional drawback besides just costing a lot and having a limited amount of implants

I like the 5 to 10 percent for humans, but I think 50 to 60 is too high for mutants. I'd probably make it 15 to 25, or something along those lines.

I understand, but to avoid the laundry list I would keep the percentage high for mutants...otherwise you will have players trying to build monsters with a pile of mental and physical mutations along with a handful of implants.

Sounds a bit too munchkin to me :(

How about 10% for each implant for PSH...who most often accept the implant which were made for humans.

+05% for each mutation and defect the mutant has...so if Joe the Ugly with 5 mutations and 2 defects would add 35% to each implant value of 10%...or 45%.

So if a marginal mutant like Gus the Goodlooking with 1 mutation added an implant he would be at 05% + 10% = 15% for psyche issues.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Malcadon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 pm

smarttman wrote:The Cybernetic Implants section is a little scant, to say the least

Well yeah, I made that page for someones use. The other link, Android Features, was a page that I made with only some simple text (the first sentience on the page), them someone added to it. If it looks too scant to you, then fill it out with your own game notes - that is how it works there. Plus, I cant do everything over there - even though it feels like I'm the only one doing anything there! :cry:
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Next

Return to Mutant Future