Skirmisher Publishing MF Products -on sale - good stuff?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Skirmisher Publishing MF Products -on sale - good stuff?

Postby shart2069 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:02 am

Well I see that Skirmisher Publishing is having a sale on RPGNow.com for the next 6 days.

Since I don't have any of their Mutant Future publications I loaded up all of them into my cart, but didn't checkout yet.

Any feedback on how useful these are?

1) Creatures of the Tropical Wastes;

2) Creatures of the Wastelands (bundle) (contains 4 other "Wastes" products plus 1 set of printable minis);

3) Wisdom from the Wastelands (newsletter) (about 15 issues available).

Also threw in "Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Mars: Shadows of a Dying World (An OGL Guide to Monsters, Races, and Beasts)" even though it is more of a 3E / 3.5E OGL product; was hoping I can just file off the extraneous mechanical stats and things and simplify them down to a more old school format.

(I'd have probably checked out without asking for feedback already, but I had just ordered print copies of Sine Nomine's "Red Tide" and "Stars Without Number" - been waiting a bit for the latter to be available in print again since I missed out on the previous print versions. Until this month it has been over 1-1/2 YEARS since I have gotten any new "old school" products, but I have been on a tear the last couple weeks - made a big Lulu order plus a few things from Noble Knight as well. My poor credit card...)

EDIT: OK I held out as long as I could (2 hours), but I checked out. I'd still like any feedback anybody has on any of these products before I try reading through all of them. (I don't even have an active play group at present, so no real hurry I suppose.)
BLOG: https://almostoldschool.wordpress.com/

http://www.meetup.com/Hudson-Valley-Labyrinth-Looters/

"There are three objectives in D&D: collecting treasure, gaining experience points and, most importantly, staying alive." - What is Dungeons & Dragons? p.86
shart2069

Re: Skirmisher Publishing MF Products -on sale - good stuff?

Postby sniderman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 am

I have 'em all.

Creatures from the Wastelands and Tropical Wastes are two very good "monster manuals". I recommend them both. "Mutational Evolution" is also good, but it kind of focuses on evolutionary theory and has only 4 or 5 animals and how they may evolve over time (several variations of each, so there's a lot, but all of the same critter).

One book I REALLY recommend is their "Habitats" book. If you want terrain that you may encounter in the blasted lands, this is an awesome unusual resource.
sniderman

Postby outlander » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:51 am

Just FYI, the Wisdom from the Wastelands will be up again fairly soon... Mike put it on hiatus while he (and the rest of the Skirmisher crew) were pushing the Sword of Kos Kickstarter campaign.

Chris Van Deelen
outlander

Postby Blood axe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:17 am

outlander wrote:Just FYI, the Wisdom from the Wastelands will be up again fairly soon... Mike put it on hiatus while he (and the rest of the Skirmisher crew) were pushing the Sword of Kos Kickstarter campaign.

Chris Van Deelen

How did I miss that kickstarter!?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Return to Mutant Future