Goblinoid Games Travels Back in Time!

For discussion of the TIMEMASTER RPG now owned by Goblinoid Games, originally published by Pacesetter in 1984.

Re: Goblinoid Games Travels Back in Time!

Postby sniderman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 pm

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY MOSES!

:o :o :o :o

Timemaster is literally my favorite RPG from Back In The Day. Over the years, I have collected every published book for the system, which I bring out and read through on occasion. I also have the two Timemaster adventures produced by 54/40 Orphyte. The time travel mechanics were tight, and I loved the Time Tricks supplement for added continuum-warping travel! The Demoreans had better watch out 'cause the Time Corps is back on the job! This is a HUGE acquisition. Congrats!

P.S. I noticed the RPGNow bundle does not include one other module -- the Time Storm mega-module:

(will post a photo of my collection when I get home tonight)
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm pretty stoked about this too! As for Timestorm, unfortunately that book contained some intellectual property someone else was interested in a while back so the copyright to those adventures was bought by someone else. I think it had something to do with material for Sandman that was in there, which someone else bought, but I'm not sure on the specifics.

I'f love to publish a similar new mega adventure though!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby sniderman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:I'm pretty stoked about this too! As for Timestorm, unfortunately that book contained some intellectual property someone else was interested in a while back so the copyright to those adventures was bought by someone else. I think it had something to do with material for Sandman that was in there, which someone else bought, but I'm not sure on the specifics.

I'd love to publish a similar new mega adventure though!

Ah! I don't remember any Sandman material in there (owned that too at one time), but one whole subadventure of Timestorm focused on a Wabbit Wampage crossover. That was probably the problem.

Incredibly excited about this. Also excited that the entire line is available, so there's more than just a new set of rules -- there's an entire system with modules and adventures and a GM screen and supplements right from the start!

Question: Will Timemaster become an OGL product as well?
Last edited by sniderman on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sniderman

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Question for you, Sniderman:

Will you run a PBP game to help us all get acquainted with it?
greyarea

Postby sniderman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 pm

greyarea wrote:Question for you, Sniderman:

Will you run a PBP game to help us all get acquainted with it?

(rubs chin thoughtfully...)

I just may at that...

(looks at his The Savage AfterWorld blog)

And it may be time to start a new one...
sniderman

Postby Wulfgar22 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I picked up the main rulebook and Time Tricks and am really liking what I see. Any recommendations on good adventures to pick up as they are so cheap at the moment?
Wulfgar22

Postby sniderman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Just showin' off my Timemaster cred:

My box set even has the original map, chits, and dice.

And Timemaster was even mentioned and pictured last year on my Mutant Future blog. Bizarre how things come around!

As far as the best module, they're all pretty cool. My favorites though are:

Terrible Swift Ford - Take place during the Second American Civil War. It's a little post-apocalyptic, but it's cool for the PCs to correct history that hasn't yet happened to us here "pastward" of the event.

The Assassin Queen - An agent on assignment in 3157 AD goes missing. His trail leads pastward to Colonial India in the mid-1800s. The PCs have to find him first, then figure out why he deserted his post to travel 1300 years in the past.

Partisans From the Shadows - Join the French Underground during WWII. Lots of action as the PCs try to stop a Demorean incursion during the heated period of French Occupation.

Darkest Before the Dawn - For high level PCs only. It features a single change to the timeline that is so drastic, it destroys the history of mankind as we know it. The PCs must stop a time wave heading futureward toward Time Corps HQ before the Time Corps itself is wiped out.
sniderman

Postby John Adams » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 am

You the man, Dan!

Next quarter you'll tell us you purchased Monopoly!
John Adams

Postby sniderman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Wulfgar22 wrote:I picked up the main rulebook...

Quick question -- Does the rulebook set also come with the Guide to the Continuum? The boxed set had both the Traveller's Manual (the main rules) and another booklet which gave a crashcourse on the Time Corps, the various historical points of interest, and other useful pieces of setting info. Also, an introductory module - Red Ace High - was included. Was just curious as the Pacesetter boxed sets all had a bunch of extra materials as well as the main booklet. The Chill and Star Ace sets were set up in a similar manner.
sniderman

Postby Wulfgar22 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Yep. Traveller's Manual, Guide to the Continuum, Red Ace High and scans of the various maps and counters.
Wulfgar22

PreviousNext

Return to TIMEMASTER