The Pacesetter section

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

The Pacesetter section

Postby excior » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 am

Why is Chill not listed in the Pacesetters section? Just wondering is all.
excior

Re: The Paceetter section

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Only the current Pacesetter brand games are in that section. CHILL and Star Ace are no longer part of the brand, they belong to other parties.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby excior » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Only the current Pacesetter brand games are in that section. CHILL and Star Ace are no longer part of the brand, they belong to other parties.
OK I did not know that. I loved Chill is there any plans to Make a Horror Based RPG at Goblinoid Games?
excior

Re: The Pacesetter section

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm

excior wrote: OK I did not know that. I loved Chill is there any plans to Make a Horror Based RPG at Goblinoid Games?

No worries, the confusion is understandable. There is currently ROTWORLD, which is a zombie survival horror game. I have plans for more Pacesetter titles, but more news on that will have to wait for the time being.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby excior » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:
excior wrote: OK I did not know that. I loved Chill is there any plans to Make a Horror Based RPG at Goblinoid Games?

No worries, the confusion is understandable. There is currently ROTWORLD, which is a zombie survival horror game. I have plans for more Pacesetter titles, but more news on that will have to wait for the time being.
Roger That
excior

Postby sniderman » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 pm

excior wrote:
Goblinoid Games wrote:Only the current Pacesetter brand games are in that section. CHILL and Star Ace are no longer part of the brand, they belong to other parties.
OK I did not know that. I loved Chill is there any plans to Make a Horror Based RPG at Goblinoid Games?

Pssssssssst.....
sniderman

Postby seneschal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Just curious. Of the expanding slate of Pacesetter Games titles, which is the best one for introducing a newbie to the Action Table system? Does genre make a difference in how easy the game, as a game, is to learn?
seneschal

Postby Goblinoid Games » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 pm

seneschal wrote:Just curious. Of the expanding slate of Pacesetter Games titles, which is the best one for introducing a newbie to the Action Table system? Does genre make a difference in how easy the game, as a game, is to learn?

I think that right now there is not much difference. I'm thinking of putting together a free quickstart packet, and I'm open to suggestions if anyone thinks certain things should be included, etc. For now I'd say just go with the genre you prefer.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby chiisu81 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:I'm thinking of putting together a free quickstart packet, and I'm open to suggestions if anyone thinks certain things should be included, etc.

I would absolutely welcome this. I know for Dungeon World there is an excellent beginner's guide and it has been a great way for a lot of people to get into the system, so I would certainly love to see something similar for the Pacesetter system!

Like the DW beginner guide, I think some general guidelines to how the system works, along with a more detailed combat sequence (or whatever else in Pacesetter that would "invoke the rules" the most) would be great to see.
chiisu81

Postby seneschal » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm

A related question. We know you can dump Chill characters into Cryptworld and they'll work just fine. I assume the same is true for Rotworld characters. Does the compatibility hold for Majus sorcerers, TimeMaster travelers, Star Ace spacemen, and Sandman amnesiacs?
seneschal

Next

Return to Open Discussion