The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:03 am

Dieter - Mage

Looking at Belenus and then dropping to his knees, bowing. Belenus, I think I understand with my mere mortal thoughts. Are you saying the hammer and trident can destroy the sword? I am not your servant but am willing to take up your cause if you grant me but one more favor. I understand that our call to you is already inconvenient, but could I request that you take our comrades souls from Blackrazor and place them back in their proper receptacles? We can try to restore them from there. Our group fights evil and the forces of chaos with the belief we can bring about better lives for everyone. Please, take pity on us and our plight.

OCC: Dieter will, will the fire elemental onto the ledge they slid down from and keep the earth elemental close to himself. He is quite aware the staff that he possesses has limited use and is not willing to release the elementals until he has to. He will allow the wondrous figurine to return to it's small form, pocketing it.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 am

Belenus smiles at the mage as the giant owl returns to figurine size. I accept you as worshiper. Let Dandy, who is dear to me, be your holy priest. Follow his guidance.

As to your friends, the Black Blade is a soul thief and devourer. Saving them is beyond my power: even the gods are forbidden to interfere in some things. I cannot predict what will happen -- the magics in the Three Items of Power are of stars beyond that which can be seen in the sky.

And with that, he is gone.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes -2/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 13/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus -6/34 dead!
--Furuk 25/59
Dieter 15/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby merias » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Dandy sighs and sets to the task of healing his companions still among the living.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Dieter - Mage

Not sure what to do next Dieter will produce the "Realm Shard" and ask it for guidance.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Grimes - Deceased Fighter of Poseidon

Grimes does some spectral beatboxing and practices his moonwalk, purposefully moonwalking on Castinus' side of the sword...
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Castinus, trapped within a sword, tries desperately to fall on his own sword, the irony not being wasted on him.

OC: I thought the mouth of the leering green devil face in the Tomb of Horrors was the worst thing that could happen to a man. I was wrong.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 am

Dieter produces the Shard and places it upon the ground. At his command, smoke rises from the shard and coalesces into a face: that of a young woman. I am Princess Irulian, daughter of the King. The world thaws and Chaos is on its heels. I believe we have you to thank.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Dieter - Mage

Arching his eyebrow while looking at the princess: Um, yes, that would be us. It was quite the battle, we had to involve a god... Irulian, we have lost two of our companions during the fight to a soul sucking sword.... um, is there any thing or anyone that might be able to help them?
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:52 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk stands in silence and listens intently to the princess.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:13 am

The smoky form shifts as if blown by breezes in the still room. You see a ghostlike hand reach to her ear and she shifts, as if listening.

Did you not have Whelm, Wave and Blackrazor? You were sent to find them, I'm told. They should be able to destroy the Heart. What? Oh wait, she listens some more and furrows her brow, hand on ear as if holding something in. She raises her eyebrows in surprise, Oh, you must have lost Blackrazor and it was used against you? Hmmm. There is little I know of that but, hold on, her face disappears as if she moved away from a window.

Then she reappears with a second head: a thin, masculine face with a long Fu-Manchu and bald head. He nods and says, I am Mordekai, sage of the palace. Blackrazor, like the other two, is nigh indestructible. However, as the three weapons are equals, one should fall to two. If you still have Wave and Whelm, then you should be able to shatter the sword if used together. If your friends were only recently devoured, there is a chance that their souls have not been digested and that a sufficiently strong spell might return soul to body.

Beware, though, Blackrazor is more than just a sword. Legend has it that it was forged of the material of a fallen star and is imbued not only of star-stuff but with the essence of a demon. Shattering the sword may destroy it or may free it. Only the Fates know for certain.

I'm just curious, which deity did you call? We've attempted to gate in many: Leucetius, Tama-nui-te-rā, Isis, Apollo, Belenus, Apam Napat, Tailtiu, Tongoenabiagus and many others. None heeded our call, sending only their servants or demi-gods who did little. How did you merit divine aid?
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain