Holy Water

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Holy Water

Postby kropotkin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 pm

A bless spell cast on water or is it created in some other way in LL?
kropotkin

Re: Holy Water

Postby merias » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:36 pm

While the LL rulebook refers to blessed water, it does not have a specific procedure for creating it. I would leave it to NPC Clerics, or, if you wanted to allow PCs to create it, I wouldn't let just a bless spell do the trick. You could refer to the AD&D DMG for a suggested method, there it requires a 5th-level cleric and a specific succession of spells be cast on the water. Some of these are in the AEC but not all - Create Water, Chant, Prayer, Bless and Purify Food & Drink. There are also requirements for the blessed font and costs involved.
merias

Postby bighara » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:17 pm

merias wrote:While the LL rulebook refers to blessed water, it does not have a specific procedure for creating it. I would leave it to NPC Clerics, or, if you wanted to allow PCs to create it, I wouldn't let just a bless spell do the trick. You could refer to the AD&D DMG for a suggested method, there it requires a 5th-level cleric and a specific succession of spells be cast on the water. Some of these are in the AEC but not all - Create Water, Chant, Prayer, Bless and Purify Food & Drink. There are also requirements for the blessed font and costs involved.

Merias has the right idea. While Holy Water isn't a super-powerful magic item, it should be a little more elaborate than just a Bless spell. Maybe it needs to be made in a consecrated fount or basin?
bighara

Postby YamItheonly1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 pm

I always made my Holy water with a "Create Food/Water" followed by a "Bless" and then the cleric must abstain from "x" for 1 day. "x" can be food, drink, bloodshed, what ever fits the deity that the cleric follows
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
YamItheonly1

Return to Labyrinth Lord