Dang it... Thought that seemed too good to be true...

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Dang it... Thought that seemed too good to be true...

Postby kaomera » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

OK, just a bit ago I got my daily ''Follow Your Favorites'' newsletter from DTRPG, and it included blurbs (and links) for B1 In Search of the Unknown and B4 The Lost City. I was kind of excited to see this, since WotC had removed all of their pdfs quite a while ago, and I was hoping that it was some sort of special thing for the holidays... No such luck, unfortunately, as trying to purchase them just got me error text. So, I'm posting this so that no-one else gets suckered / out of a dim hope that they will become available or something... :roll:
kaomera

Re: Dang it... Thought that seemed too good to be true...

Postby Wulfgar22 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I got that, too. I immediately followed the link only to be disappointed. Maybe they're testing the waters to see what sort of response they get? Now if they offered print copies...
Wulfgar22

Re: Dang it... Thought that seemed too good to be true...

Postby kaomera » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 am

I actually got pages for them when I followed the links, and tried to buy them, but what I received was an error message in a text file instead of a pdf... Went through their customer service and they said those shouldn't be in their database anymore, I got a refund but no real explanation. So, unfortunately, I think it was just some weird error. I was hoping that it had something to do with the Next playtest, although I suppose then they'd convert the modules and all that... Still, it wouldn't be hard at all to convert them back...
kaomera

Return to Open Discussion