Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby greyarea » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Ye Olde Magic Shoppe is a good location for Dieter, apparently. The shopkeepers agree to the terms, with their eyes bulging at the Mask and the Tome. The man says, in hushed tones, We will gladly pay richly for the Heart if you choose to sell it rather than destroy it. Sure, it might mean the end of the world but you'd be rolling in riches, he concludes with a wink.

Aquaire acquires some mithril chain and a slim dagger. It is all I need, she explains. I am a creature of magic, don't forget, and not so fragile as you think. It's cute of you to care though. She gives him a nice kiss on his forehead.

Porters are apparently impossible to come by, with conditions as they are as well as the tales of lost expeditions to the Lost Caverns no one wants to risk their lives. They'd rather just eat, drink, and be merry as the end times are at hand.

The group at the Monastery provide you with war horses and ponies for the journey. They have saddle bags loaded with pemmican, dried fruit, and hardtack (and Aquaire's with dried fish), enough for a few months if eaten sparingly. They also provide multiple full wineskins and water-skins and warn you not to overfill them, as freezing will cause the skins to burst.

Any other purchases to be made?
greyarea

Postby merias » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:10 pm

merias wrote:Here is Dandy's full spell list for the road:

< CLW x6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak with the Dead, Glyph of Warding, Protection from evil 10', CSW, create food and water >

He will also seek out the priestess of Belenus to see if she has any scrolls available he can take with him.

Just the scroll question...one can never have too many spells.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Dieter - Mage

Happy that he as able to come to an agreement with the shoppe proprietors Dieter will trade the items and then make for the monastery to find his comrades (and pick up his horse).

OCC: Dieter is good to go. Let's replace the memorized "rope trick" with "fireball", I did not foresee coming across the magic fort. :)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes blushes unconsciously as Acquire kisses his forehead and he quickly packs his gear on the horse he has. "Well, it looks like we are off! Nice purchases there, Deets."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 am

merias wrote:
merias wrote:Here is Dandy's full spell list for the road:

< CLW x6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak with the Dead, Glyph of Warding, Protection from evil 10', CSW, create food and water >

He will also seek out the priestess of Belenus to see if she has any scrolls available he can take with him.

Just the scroll question...one can never have too many spells.

OOPS, my bad. :oops:

The priestess of Belenus hugs the cleric. She is able to procure two scrolls, one with three spells (Exorcise, Lower Water, Tongues) and one with one (Holy Word). Use these only in time of greatest need. May Belenus' face shine upon you. Shatter the Heart so he can warm the lands again!
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 am

Dieter - Mage

When Dieter meets up with his comrades again he will approach Dandy. Dandy, I was trading in town this afternoon and while rummaging through my pack I came across this. Handing Dandy a scroll with ward versus lycanthropes. I picked it up somewhere but I think it belongs to you.

OCC: All trade items from the shoppe and the scroll removed from inventory.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

greyarea wrote:The priestess of Belenus hugs the cleric. She is able to procure two scrolls, one with three spells (Exorcise, Lower Water, Tongues) and one with one (Holy Word). Use these only in time of greatest need. May Belenus' face shine upon you. Shatter the Heart so he can warm the lands again!

Dandy thanks her profusely returns to the others, promising to do right by Belenus.

Spanningtree wrote:When Dieter meets up with his comrades again he will approach Dandy. Dandy, I was trading in town this afternoon and while rummaging through my pack I came across this. Handing Dandy a scroll with ward versus lycanthropes. I picked it up somewhere but I think it belongs to you.

"Thanks, me friend. I hope we won't be needin' this one!" Dandy says as he tucks the scroll away with the others. He packs his things and prepares to leave.
merias

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:08 am

Castinus, who, based on his character sheet appears to have no money at all, ???, tries to use his good name and newfound castle to secure himself two quivers of arrows. He'll also purchase two weeks worth of trail rations for the upcoming journey.

OC: Potions added. Money to be deducted once we figure out how much coin Castinus has. ;)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:52 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Castinus, who, based on his character sheet appears to have no money at all, ???, tries to use his good name and newfound castle to secure himself two quivers of arrows. He'll also purchase two weeks worth of trail rations for the upcoming journey.

OC: Potions added. Money to be deducted once we figure out how much coin Castinus has. ;)

Grimes will offer to buy any normal equipment or items anyone may need, he's got some extra coin.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:12 pm

badams30 wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:Castinus, who, based on his character sheet appears to have no money at all, ???, tries to use his good name and newfound castle to secure himself two quivers of arrows. He'll also purchase two weeks worth of trail rations for the upcoming journey.

Grimes will offer to buy any normal equipment or items anyone may need, he's got some extra coin.

Thanks! Having Shae for a girlfriend must have depleted his bank account...
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain