Crafting Zombies

For discussion of the zombie survival horror game.

Crafting Zombies

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 am

Cross posted here since it'll actually be seen.
--

Game prep always leads to thoughts on random generation. Up to bat are zombies. More specifically, I’m pondering zombies for ROTWORLD. I have already hand-crafted a dozen that will be featured in the game. Still, I’m going to need filler at some point.

My needs are more fluff than crunch. Good information on a random set of the folks behind the scenes so I can expound when needed and just cross them off the list as they’ve been terminated.

The bare bones process I’ve worked up includes sex, general age range, ethnicity, hair color, hair style, wound locations, wound severity/descriptions, and clothing style. Not all of the elements are well defined yet. Wound descriptions and clothing are still in progress.

I may add information regarding the rigor stages for the newly undead along with decomposition states as defined within ROTWORLD. Even those are mostly fluff. Usable information with little impact to game mechanics.

For the crunchier bits, I could add occasional occurrences of differing ability scores, movement, and specialized attacks. Doing so is trivial but all zombie worlds vary so I am leaning against it. The same goes for different intelligence levels and talents.

Do you need zombies? If you do, would you like options to enable the crunchier bits of the ROTWORLD system? Are there descriptive elements I have missed?
Mark

Re: Crafting Zombies

Postby watti3460 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi. I have always thought the zombies previous profession could in some ways affect, 1) the look - think nurse in scrubs or fast food uniform and 2) possible items in the zombie. For two imagine a handyman with a tool belt as a zombie. There could be a chance for a tool to be left in the belt despite the shambling and feasting. This also makes fo good bennies for the characters who could use a break.
watti3460

Re: Crafting Zombies

Postby Blood axe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Check my previous post. There are 100 zombie descriptions for $1 on rpgnow.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Return to ROTWORLD