Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby greyarea » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Marcus, paladin

I'm not sure there is such a thing as "just a tomb", friend Nahin. However, we've encountered both helpful and malicious unquiet dead, so we must prepare ourselves for the possibility here.

He turns to Mangalore and says, It seems the Dutybound will take this quest to retrieve these ashes. Can you answer Rory's question? And how do you know of recent lootings if you cannot enter the tombs yourselves?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 am

Mangalore listens to your questions and nods his head, pausing before he addresses Marcus. "Our burial mounds are all in a relatively small area, some are just one room mounds, and others, like Viliusk's are larger, and we have seen evidence of looting of some of the smaller tombs, but we know that this one is still secure. A band of adventurers killed two of my warriors who were guarding the burial areas, so we are vigilant of these types. But as of the last month, the tomb is still secure. We simply do not have the men to constantly watch these sites."

He points his finger at the roof of the tent at the mention of dead and says "Ah, I can't answer that. The spirits promise a peaceful slumber to all who live by the precepts of our beliefs, but it would be naïve to think that there is no possibility of undeath. I do know that Viliusk was buried with some of his guard, and his wife. Possibly others." He gets a thoughtful look and says "The tombs of our ancestors are usually not trapped or set with protections. The spirits provide the protection we need. I can't speak for this tomb, but I do not know of a mound that has been trapped."

He looks about, then says "I will have one of my warriors accompany you to the glen, I do not know the precise location of the tomb, but I know enough to get you in the area, and it should be easy to find, as it was the only one in that particular area. We have some men discreetly looking for it now as well, so perhaps by the time you would arrive we may know it's location. As I have said, material riches are of no worth to me. All I ask is that you retrieve the urn of Viliusk and give it to us, and any riches you find are yours." He gets an uncomfortable look and says "You are men of honor, I can see this. I'd just ask you to treat this resting place with respect."

He looks across your rank and says "So, Dutybound. Will you help us?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Nahin - Elf

I am in! He will say with conviction. Do you have any ale?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Marcus

Marcus speaks for the group: Yes, we shall. Can you provide us with any healing potions or rations for our trip?

He says to Nahin, Always with the ale. When are you going to learn to appreciate a good honey mead?
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

"You had me at riches," Rory quips. "Nahin, you had me at ale. I'll take some of each, if you will."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Mangalore smiles briefly as you accept and at the mention of ale. With a smirk he says "I am sorry, it is a bit early for ale, my friends. But I promise you this - when you return to the village with the urn in hand, I promise you a feast and as much ale as you can consume." He utters some words to Klekt and the old man nods and leaves the tent. Mangalore continues "I will provide you with some porters and the food you require. They will maintain your camp and cook for you, guiding you back upon your return. As for potions, I have asked Klekt to see what he can do prior to your departure."

He makes a sweeping gesture with his arms and says "My thanks to you, our people will be happy, and your Duke will too, I suspect. Our people can benefit from each other, and I hope this is the first of many dealings with you. Now if you'll excuse me, I must prepare for our departure. Will you be able to leave within the next two days?"

Mangalore plans to accompany you to the area, he'll send riders ahead to prepare your porters, and they'll meet you on site. Once you are done, you'll journey to the nearby village to conclude your business with the Wolverines.

Any plans, etc, do you plan to leave in a day or two?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Marcus

Marcus feels that the sooner we leave the better.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Nahin - Elf

Aye, the sooner the better... what with no ale and all.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Jayce - Fighter
"Less talkin', more walkin'. Let's do it." Jayce says. "Never too much undead for me," he thinks grimly.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm

"Very well, then. We leave with a dry mouth," Rory laments. "Best be on with it."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure