[Group project] The Powers of Shadow, Labyrinth and Void.

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

[Group project] The Powers of Shadow, Labyrinth and Void.

Postby Agrippa » Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm

As I've mentioned before, the RPG Exalted has great ideas to mine from it. Not the core Storyteller mechanics of course, just some of the ideas. Sorcery, Necromancy and Protocols form the three most powerful forms of magic that setting has. The others being general Charms, supernatural martial arts and artifacts. Right now I'm talking about Exalted's Necromancy. There are three levels, or as Exalted puts it Circles, of Necromancy. First is Shadowlands, obviously the weakest necromancies, second is Labyrinth and third Void, the most powerful black arts imaginable. So why not convert a few of them to Labyrinth Lord/BX/BECMI?

Of course I have a revised version of Blood Monsoon and I'm reposting Sins of the Father and Lord of the Dead.

Blood Monsoon
(Necromancy)
Level: MU 9, Cleric 7
Range: 0
Components: V, S, Special
Area: 300' per level radius
Duration: One hour per two magic-user or cleric levels or until the sunrises.
Casting Time: Two full rounds.
Special: Must suffer 4 points of Constitution damage from blood loss.
Effect: Geyser of blood fuels and bolsters both the necromancer and all undead in the spell's radius.

With several deathly and ghastly chants the necromancer prepares a trully unholy blight upon the land. At the conclusion of his chants the necromancer draws a ritual knife or dagger and slits both palms with it, spraying a geyser of blood that blots out the sun and nurtures the undead. This fine misting rain of blood extends for miles bolstering the undead, the necromancer and his allies while sickening all other living things. All undead plus the necromancer and his living allies are granted a +5 to hit and damage for the duration of the spell. In addition the necromancer and all undead regenerate three hit points per round while the necromancer doubles the range, duration (if applicable) and area of his spells.

The necromancer also recovers one points of Constitution per every three rounds, up to the cost of this spell. On the other side of the coin all other living things beside the necromancer and his closest allies suffer a -5 penalty to attack. This is provided they pass a Saving throw vs Death Magic or be rendered nauseous and unable to move for three rounds. Furthermore both magical and natural healing for living beings aside from the necromancer are halved. Any attempts to move any more than half normal speed on land forces a roll to avoid slipping on the slick blood. This side effect lasts for several hours after the spell proper ends. Blood Monsoon also forces a morale check from your enemies every five rounds.

A further downside of this spell is that the necromancer cannot heal from the damage suffered in casting this spell by outside means.

Sins of the Father
(Enchanment/Charm, Necromancy)
Level: MU 8
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Indefinite, see text
Casting Time: 8
Effect: Enslaves the minds and souls of one victim and his or her descendants even into the afterlife.
Saving Throw: Negates, see below.

By means of this vile enchantment the necromancer in question brutally crushes the will of another, completely turning the victim into his slave. When casting this spell the magus must maintain physical contact with the intended victim and carefully intone each nightmarish syllable. Upon completion, the unholy power invoked by this rite shackles the poor suffering wretch's will to your own. This allows you to "activate" them at a later date for one hour per caster level per week. Yet even more horrific is the truth that the victim's descendants down to the third generation are subjected to this same fate, starting with their fifthteenth birthdays. However there is some hope to resist this depraved curse, any would be victim who makes a successful Save vs. Spells at a -3 penalty is free of this malediction. In addition a casting of remove curse by a cleric or magic-user equal to or higher level than the dark sorcerer can break this wicked bond for the recipient and his direct descendants. A casting detect evil or detect magic on an activated thrall reveals a set of ebon chains leading back to the warlock who first layed the enchantment.

Lord of the Dead
(Necromancy)
Level: MU 6
Range: Self
Components: V
Duration: One day
Casting Time: 6
Effect: Grants the caster power over the undead.

"Then did Ganbaatar Khan, the Ebon Potentate of the Plains did pronounce this terrible incantation. His shadow grew large drew unto itself immense and nightmarish power. With this power Ganbaatar ripped command of the walking dead from their masters and bind to his own will those still able to think. He commanded and compelled thousands of the undead who thus swelled the ranks of his mighty Emerald Horde."

When receiting this incantation the necromancer's a black, inky siluete grows in size along with a shadowy totemic banner. It then becomes distorted and monstrous in appearence, developing tendrils and reaching across for miles, then it pulls back towards the magus. This grants a magic-user the ability command undead as an evil cleric of his level for one whole day.
Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Agrippa

Re: [Group project] The Powers of Shadow, Labyrinth and Void

Postby Agrippa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 pm

So its been over two weeks and no one wants to comment on these spell conversions? Is any one here interested in them? And would any one like to help me convert a few more spells, like Striking Spectre Lash, Raise the Skelletal Horde or Arisen Legion.
Agrippa

Postby drizzit » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm

I like :D how long does the Constitution damage last for blood monsoon? Id like to see a specific necro class set up if you have a LL example.
"I now view my long road as a search for truth in my own heart, in the world around me,
and in the bigger questions of purpose and of existence. How does one define good and evil." - Drizzt Do'Urden (full name Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon)
drizzit

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 pm

The Constitution damage lasts for one day per point or until magically healed, which includes the healing mentioned in the spell's text. Of course all outside magical Constitution healing is barred for the duration of Blood Monsoon.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 am

By the way, I wasn't really thinking about making up a brand new necromancer class. I just used the term necromancer because this is a thread about converting necromancy spells to RC/LL and because that's the term Exalted uses for anyone who knows necromancy. At the same time anyone who knows sorcery is a sorcerer. Of course there's no name for what ever the hell you call someone who knows protocols. On top of it all Infernal sorcerers and or necromancers are called warlocks.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 am

Okay then, are there any ideas for spells in this thread? I'll take submissions too.
Agrippa

Return to Open Workshop