1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 am

Taranna will take a glance at the amulet trying to see if it makes sense to her, after sheathing her sword and checking on her steed. Healing would be nice but I can wait.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:39 am

ROIKOS: Cleric
After divining the amulet and other items for impurities, Roikos turns to healing. Casting Cure Serious Wounds (twice) on Joffrey, he then casts Cure Light Wounds on Taranna, and another on Tasrem.

OOC: Roikos reserves one remaining CLW for either Taranna or Tasrem, whichever one needs it more. Then he'll be completely out of healing until he can meditate/pray again.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:20 am

Roikos, between the two cure serious wounds applications, restores 26 hp to Joffrey. Using cure light wounds, he restores 6 hp to Taranna and 9 hp to Tasrem (two applications to the latter).

Aristide 44/44
--Max 19/19
Tasrem 11/15
Taranna 29/34
Zelaz 15/15
Sir Joffrey 49/51
--Zephyr 15/19
Roikos 45/50
--Peny 14/16

Tasrem, feeling much better, puts the amulet around his neck. Holding it in his hands, he ponders it for a moment.

OC: I'll assume Tasrem shares what he sees.

The scene before Tasrem fades, and suddenly he sees before him the scorching wastes of the Sind desert. His vision bobs up and down, presumably on a horse or camel. Other riders can be seen in front of him.

The scene blurs again. This time it comes back on a table strewn with papers. You can't make out what they say. Somewhere, a hand dips a quill into a pot of ink, then begins to write.

The scene blurs once more. This time Tasrem's eyes go dark. Utter blackness.

The elder mage blinks a few times, then, releasing his grip on the amulet, his vision returns to normal.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kwll » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:38 am

Tasrem will remove the amulet at once. "Blimey, I will be damned if I have seen something like that before! Could it have been glimpses of the past? Or of other creatures throughout this land?" he ponders.

OOC: any hint on the XP obtained from this encounter?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Aristide - Fighter

Aristide nods at Krug and says to Tasrem "You okay? Be careful, no telling what that thing is about. As for your new friend, why don't you ask him where he came from? And who he's working for? All that sort of thing."

Aristide arches an eyebrow as he studies the nasty looking troll.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Zelaz looks on with interest. It sounds like farsighted of some sort. Perhaps clairvoyance. I doubt very much that it is augury or precognition. Very possibly it is retrocognition, and you are seeing someone's past. Perhaps this "Master" himself. Perhaps another...

I say guard it well, Tasrem. It may be a key in our battle.

Regardless, if that is it, perhaps we should be on our way down the river. We've a long journey ahead.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Careful with that... the power may be two directional. Perhaps someone can also see you. She will say to Tasrem with a wink.

Ja, let's find our way down this river be to late.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Tasrem agrees with Taranna, and puts his new toy inside his bag. If the talisman is an eye, it won't see anything of great value while it is there. The wizard also agrees with Aristide, and turns to the troll. "So Krug, who told you to come here? And who gave you this strange idea to attack me and my companions?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:08 am

kwll wrote:OOC: any hint on the XP obtained from this encounter?

I haven't awarded XP yet, but I just put up on the Adventure log the XP values for the monsters and treasures from the last few encounters. With 8th and 9th level characters, it will be a long time before you advance again.

Spanningtree wrote:Careful with that... the power may be two directional. Perhaps someone can also see you. She will say to Tasrem with a wink.

Damn.

kwll wrote:Tasrem agrees with Taranna, and puts his new toy inside his bag. If the talisman is an eye, it won't see anything of great value while it is there.

Double damn.

Krug scratches his head. "Krug part of big boss army. Big boss promise Krug and his buddies all the tasty human flesh we could eat if we join his army. Krug eat well so far. Krug and his buddies--they dead now--follow boss guy riding on dragon. Boss guy shoot ring at us, and make us move real fast. Krug tired now. And hungry. You got anybody Krug can eat?"

As the troll begins picking his nose in earnest, a disheveled old man hobbles out of one of the huts. He looks at the encindered trolls, then at the dead wyvern and rider, then at all of you, and then at the troll digging for gold, if you will. He drops to his knees, tears open the fabric of his filth-caked shirt, and begins to sob. "What have you done?" he screams. "What have you done?"

Actions? Any more questions for the troll? The deranged old man?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 am

Aristide - Thief

Aristide casts a disdainful glance at the filthy man and says with a chuckle: "Hmm... looks like Krug's lunch has just arrived."
He shakes his head at the crazy man and keeps going about his business of waiting for the Love Boat to depart.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads