The Spire of Iron & Crystal

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

The Spire of Iron & Crystal

Postby elf23 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 am

I was just reading about this module by Matt Fich, and thought it sounds great! A couple of questions which people here may know answers to:

1. Has anyone played the adventure, and if so how does it work out in a non-tournament style? From what I've read it was designed to have a built-in time limit or something. I'd be using it in normal campaign play, over multiple shorter sessions most likely.
2. Anyone have any idea if the version with the original cover is available anywhere (ideally as a PDF)? The Pete Mullen artwork on the original looks amazing, whereas the replacement artwork on the Frog God version looks absolutely awful. I'd much prefer the former!
elf23

Re: The Spire of Iron & Crystal

Postby jasmith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 am

elf23 wrote:I was just reading about this module by Matt Fich, and thought it sounds great! A couple of questions which people here may know answers to:

1. Has anyone played the adventure, and if so how does it work out in a non-tournament style? From what I've read it was designed to have a built-in time limit or something. I'd be using it in normal campaign play, over multiple shorter sessions most likely.
2. Anyone have any idea if the version with the original cover is available anywhere (ideally as a PDF)? The Pete Mullen artwork on the original looks amazing, whereas the replacement artwork on the Frog God version looks absolutely awful. I'd much prefer the former!

FGG has some with the old cover left:

http://www.talesofthefroggod.com/index. ... ts?start=4
jasmith

Re: The Spire of Iron & Crystal

Postby elf23 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am

jasmith wrote:FGG has some with the old cover left:

Thanks for the link James! $16 shipping (to Europe) is a bit too expensive for me for an adventure module though, unfortunately!
elf23

Return to Open Discussion