Starships & Spacemen 2e IndieGoGo is live!

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

Re: Starships & Spacemen 2e IndieGoGo is live!

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Make it so! ;-)
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby RAD Colin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Dan asked for some potential stretch/bonus goals, so some potential stretch goal ideas, good and bad:

1) S&S "Space Fleet" patches - y'know, the sewn fabric patches you can apply to clothing. In this case, ones like the patches crew wear on their upper right arms.
2) S&S Rank stickers. Sheets of stickers with the various Space Fleet rank badges on them. Folks could wear 'em at the table to indicate the ranks of their characters.
3) S&S Sheet Pack - a batch of SM reference sheets (possibly laminated) and ready-printed character sheets, maybe colour on decent stock. Maybe bundle with the sheets of rank stickers.
4) S&S Rank and Uniform poster - a poster displaying the full range of Space Fleet uniforms, ranks, and badges.
5) A Space Fleet recruitment poster - "Space Fleet Needs You!" "Visit The Stars - Join Space Fleet!" You know the sort of thing.
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby Reidzilla » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 pm

I vote E, all of the above. :)

Seriously Colin, I like the these rewards. Number 2 and 3 are particularly cool. If I had to choose just one, I'd love #2.
Reidzilla

Postby MattyHelms » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:42 am

Number one!
MattyHelms

Postby Koren n'Rhys » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm

I like 3 as far as utility goes. Ref sheets/screen would be cool. Maybe not a proper screen, but pages you could put into a universal style screen.

That said, the uniform poster would be awesome. Can't go wrong with more of Mark's work! That would be my favorite perk.
Obligatory Blogroll:
Kingdoms in Trevail for my RC D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"
RetroCyberpunk where I work on a Shadowrun retro-clone[/size]
Koren n'Rhys

Postby Blood axe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Its great to see that this was a huge success. I can't wait to get my book. I never played with these rules. Looking forward to it. Phasers on STUNNING!!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby davidw » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:36 pm

I was a supporter. How do I get the PDF?
davidw

Postby RAD Colin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

davidw wrote:I was a supporter. How do I get the PDF?

Assuming you mean the finished game, it isn't finished yet. If you mean you want access to the playtest documents, post in the thread titled "Getting Access to Playtest Forum" above this one.
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby Reidzilla » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm

So....It has been a while since we have heard on the progress of S&S. Mind giving us an update?
Reidzilla

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Yep, I'll be posting one to the indiegogo site and my blog soon, just been swamped at work.

The patches arrived last week and they look great! I also finished up layout and have ordered proofs (as of today). So far everything is on schedule for shipping books in late October. :D

I can certainly give access to the playtest draft still to supporters, just with one caveat. In response to feedback the final rules are much more in line with Labyrinth Lord to make full compatibility easier. So there are some changes not reflected in the playtest draft, but the draft can still give you the idea of what is going on.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Starships & Spacemen