Game Thread 2 - Enter the Krakeland Marsh

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game Thread 2 - Enter the Krakeland Marsh

Postby Scalydemon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:54 am

A macabre scene unfolds itself at the edge of your torchlight...as the 2 grey oozes meld into one blob pushing itself grossly through the secret portal.

Those choosing to shoot range weapons manage to get off 2 volleys (with a bonus to hit).
Attack rolls :
Immalor 11,3 one hits! for 5 dmg
Turin 1,9 one hits! for 3 dmg
Leon 19,11 both hit! for 4+2 = 6 dmg
Zavenorrin joins in with his bow, 19, 9 both hit! for 6+4=10 dmg

The ooze now mostly through the doorway slows it's pace. Several arrows protrude from it and sizzle as they dissolve. The sling bullet is lost within the creature. It slows and then stops.
After a few moments as you prepare more arrows and back up a bit you see it's form begin to harden and then crack in spots. Fissures begin to form. It appears to be 'dead'.

What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 am

Turin, curate of Sif

Turin tosses a snake corpse into the hardening ooze. If it does not dissolve he says, Let's open that secret door and see what it was guarding.
greyarea

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 am

Leon watches for the fate of the snake corpse, approving of the curate's action with a nod and a soft, "Hmmph."
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby kwll » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 am

Zavenorrin prudently waits to see what the snake thrown by Turin becomes while saying: "We have been burnt a couple of times by this cave already. Let's try to be extra cautious this time..."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Melano » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Gorlan

Gorlan watches as the ooze seems to harden and die, relaxing his grip on the mace but keeping it in hand and nodding at Zavenorrin's statement
I am the cleric....feel my cleric-y goodness

To quote myself from a party I used to adventure with
"You people, elves, and dwarf are worse than a one-legged orc running amongst town with a vorpal sword!"
Melano

Postby Vargr1105 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Balfa

]"Hmmm..." muses the dwarf, unhappy that he was but dead weight for this combat "Gotta get me some a'thing to toss at a distance."
Vargr1105

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 am

The dead snake Turin tosses onto the hardening ooze doesn't seem to melt or do anything.

You are able to kick away remnants of the dead ooze near the secret door on the north wall to clear the way for the door to be opened.

Shining a torch in the room all seems calm and eerily silent.
Here is a description of the room from your earlier entrance:

A 25' N-S x 35' E-W room. The air is markedly damper and colder here in this crypt vault. A large slab of grey stone juts out from the northern center wall. On it are 2 plaques of bronze spaced 10' apart. On the floor in front of the vertical slab is a 5' x 10' slab of black sheer stone which makes up the floor, upon which lies a carved stone statue of an old man in robes.

No obvious doors or exits are present here.

The stone statue is of an old man in robes. It could be the flickering light at play, but the closer one gets to the statue the older the man appears. Suddenly as you are face to face with it the man's face is sunken in and it's eye sockets are empty.

The bronze plaques are studied without stepping upon the black slate floor section. The plaque on the left (A) reads in well worn common etching, "Read this & weep.." the right hand plaque (B) says, "Here lies F'Chelrak....the gates of death are not locked for him."

What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby kwll » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 am

Zavenorrin uses his elven kin senses to attempt to detect any hidden door or trap, then examine the black floor section as well as the statue from all angles. "Don't touch anything before warning the others." he says, warily.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Fools Jest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 am

Immalor, Elf

Immalor claps Balfa on the back and says "Cheer up Dwarf! We may find something down here for you to use. I am sure your skills "up close and personal" will be needed very soon!"

As the group enters the room and begins to have a look around, Immalor will concentrate on the eye sockets and the plaques. Without touching or moving onto the black stone, can he see anything unusual on the statue by the empty sockets or on the ground by it? Like "tear" stains? The plaque Read this and weep got him thinking...
Fools Jest

Postby Melano » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Gorlan

Gorlan enters the chamber after securing his mace, slowly gazing about
I am the cleric....feel my cleric-y goodness

To quote myself from a party I used to adventure with
"You people, elves, and dwarf are worse than a one-legged orc running amongst town with a vorpal sword!"
Melano

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet