8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Discussions about the treasure and evaluation of the spell book wind down.

Soldath will take a closer look at the spellbook.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

Spanningtree wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:Discussions about the treasure and evaluation of the spell book wind down.

Soldath will take a closer look at the spellbook.

tumblingdice wrote:Soldath and Tethir examine Golthar's spell book using Read Magic, and discover the following spells:
1st level: magic missile, shield, sleep, detect magic, light, read languages, read magic
2nd level: detect invisible, web, detect evil, knock, levitate
3rd level: fly, hold person

Take what you like!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:58 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan nods at Stephen's words. "I may not be from these settlements, but I want nothing more than to make the people who did this pay. I promise you that I will stop at nothing to make this happen. You have my word. As for the map, we need to take this with us, or hide it very securely. I wish for no more misfortune for your good clan than has befallen it already." Athelstan pauses to shake his head at the antics in the hall, then he taps his finger on the table and says "You are brave, and I'd be honored to have you with us. I believe my colleagues share your desire to find this place, and we'd be pleased to have your capable arm with us. That is, if you'll not be put off by a Thyatian with an impatient streak and an oafish Jorg."

Athelstan gives Stephen a hearty pat on the back and says "Forget your worries for tonight. Drink and be merry, and we'll soon be on our way to finish this task and bring more glory to your esteemed house."

Athelstan will offer a toast to Stephen and his clan, and try to get the guy to relax a bit.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 am

Stephan accepts the toast with a smile, then continues with his thoughts. "Whoever's in league with Golthar, he'll probably have agents in all the large towns. We should avoid them if we can. We could go to the elven village of Rifflian first," he says. "The Callarii elves will pay good money for the white horses, and it's unlikely anyone will be looking for us there."

Pyotr makes his way over to you. "I just wanna say, I just...wanna say...I'm so happy you found my little brother. My little brother, Stephan!" The homesteader grabs Stephan's face. "I love you, Stephan. And I'm so happy you're safe again. You guys...you guys! You're the best friends. The best friends a guy like me could ever..."--thump!

It appears your host has passed out. Taras, Alfana and Irena swoop in, lift him up, and cart him off to bed. Darya shakes her head, and follows. Party's over for the evening. You can firm up your plans in the morning.

OC: I'll post more tomorrow.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Soldath - Mage

When do we get going?

Soldath will copy over any spells that he does not already have.

OCC: Current load out = sleep, magic missile, continual light
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby saalaria » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:05 am

Tethir - Elf

Tethir wakes up refreshed and rested, he takes care of his early morning chores and memorises spells.Then he seeks out the others, eager to continue the quest.

Spell list updated
saalaria

Postby kwll » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:54 am

Meringered has not been used to dwell too long in the same place in the recent past, and makes himself ready as well to seek new adventure.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby kjc » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 am

Jörg - Fighter
Jörg seems particularly happy and relaxed, eager to face new challenges.
Last edited by kjc on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:00 pm

kjc wrote:Jorg - Fighter
Jorg seems particularly happy and relaxed, eager to face new challenges.

Jorg will have to wait a while. I've shelved this game for now. Real life just too busy.
tumblingdice

Previous

Return to Night's Dark Terror