Our first and second game.

For discussion of the fantasy RPG WIZARDS' WORLD.

Our first and second game.

Postby oldgamergeek » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 pm

It was a smashing success both times first night I blogged about. Last night We finished the adventure and here are some thoughts. Combat was nice the system worked well. The monsters were balanced vs the players. No one was over powered the Elf Wizard that I thought would be way to powerful was a nice fit. She saved her spells that did damage until they encountered the Orc party that was killing/stealing livestock. The Dwarf attacker did just that wading into the four Orcs and laying down the pain. The human warrior did well taking the Orcs flank. both took out two Orcs and severely wounded the other two. The wizard finished them off with harm and magic bolt. I plan to run Wizard's world at U-con this fall.
This game is yet more proof why our community is like a heavy metal concert.
Link to U-con http://www.ucon-gaming.org/
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Re: Our first and second game.

Postby bat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Awesome news all around! Our second game is this afternoon after we did a Weird Adventures one-shot yesterday with some free time.
bat

Re: Our first and second game.

Postby Skathros » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, our third game was on Sunday and all had a blast. So much so that they (my players, not I) asked if we could put our B/X game aside for a while and persue WW. I mean, we have been playing B/X since the early 80ies. I suppose a break is in order. Now that all involved have got their bearing in WW mode and have absorbed the system, my players want to start anew with brand new characters and commence gaming.

I'm a little curious as to why they would want to put aside B/X for WW as opposed to AD&D. Something i'll have to ask.
WIZARDS' LORE: A Wizards' World fan site & home to Dungeon Delving Games.
OSRWTF: A more critical look at the movement from a disenchanted fan.
Skathros

Return to WIZARDS' WORLD