Wisdom from the Wastelands

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Postby outlander » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 pm

I am proud to announce that a pet project of mine has finally come to be...

Skirmisher Releases ‘Wisdom from the Wastelands’
Skirmisher Publishing LLC is proud to announce the release of Wisdom from the Wastelands, a publication dedicated to providing useful information, game content, and ideas for modern, science fiction, and post-apocalyptic table-top and role-playing games in general and Goblinoid Games’ Mutant Future RPG in particular (5 pages, $0.99). The rules it contains are compatible with this game and with any others that use the “Basic” system introduced in the most popular role-playing games of the early 1970s and are easily adaptable to many other games, especially those covered by the Open Game License. It is written by Derek Holland and Chris Van Deelen, authors of multiple Mutant Future supplements, and is available through online venues that include DriveThruRPG ( http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... e_id=79547 ).

One of the most entertaining aspects of a post-apocalyptic RPG is the many sorts of artifacts. Mutant Future and other popular post-apocalyptic role-playing game rules have decent rules for figuring out and repairing artifacts. The first issue of Wisdom from the Wastelands covers several new rules related to this, from optional bonuses on figuring out artifacts, to manuals and toolkits. There are also rules that cover saving throws for artifacts and how much damage they can sustain before being damaged or destroyed.

Our goal is to release a new thematic issue of this publication nearly every week and to have it contain a variety of useful and earnest information that will inspire Game Masters and players alike and provide them with things that they can immediately plug into their games. We very much hope you will find this and subsequent issues of the Wisdom from the Wastelands to be useful and enjoyable!

Derek Holland is another contributor to this project and we currently have enough issues written for the next six months. =)

The next three issues that I will be publishing will cover new races, new weapons and factions. Weapons and Factions are going to be an ongoing series within this publication.

Take a look, you can't beat the price!

Chris
outlander

Re: Wisdom from the Wastelands

Postby sniderman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Gotcha covered with an announcement on Friday morning:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1230

Plus I discussed it on my blog The Savage AfterWorld. Looking forward to future issues!
sniderman

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Very cool!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:47 am

I will most certainly buy this just because I'm eager to support such a project and the price is totally worth it just to help the RPG hobby community.
Gavin

Postby outlander » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Ah, I didn't notice it, but thanks for posting it for me.

The upside is that between myself and Derek we've got enough material for six months already written up. It was, in my case, for the advanced GM / Players guide but that project was taking forever, so after a long discussion with Mike at Skirmisher, he was all for this version, which would get the material out a lot faster.

Derek's material is pretty much all critters, whereas I tend to go for more tech and rules oriented material.

No matter what I am hoping that this project will be successful, so anyone who purchases, thanks!

Chris
outlander

Return to Mutant Future