Moderator: Scalydemon

OOC Chat

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Here be the space for it ;)

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Re: OOC Chat

Postby Fools Jest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Scaly, I am not sure how you want to determine spells in spell book. How do you want to do that?
Fools Jest

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Fools Jest wrote:Scaly, I am not sure how you want to determine spells in spell book. How do you want to do that?

How about in your starting spellbook , you have all the 1st level MU spells except 2, and all the starting 2nd level spells except 3. Roll randomly to see which ones you don't have in your spellbook.

I'll also let your spellbook contain 5 third level spells, rolled for randomly, may be useful in case you level up

Similarly for kwll's 7th level Elf
1st level: roll for 2 spells you don't have in your spellbook
2nd level: roll for 3 spells you don't have in your spellbook
3rd level: roll for 3 spells you don't have in your spellbook
4th level: roll for 3 spells you don't have in your spellbook
5th level: roll for 5 spells you do have in your spellbook (but are unable to cast as of yet)
The chart of spells by level is on page 42 of the LL book

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Fools Jest » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:41 am

Ok done! :)
Fools Jest

Postby Vargr1105 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:36 am

Nice choice of Tekumel art on the finished character thread. EPT is one of my favorite games. :)

What will we be using for in-game dice rolling?
Vargr1105

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Changing the starting gold to 12d6 x10. As you are somewhat seasoned adventurers. Everyine needs to buy a horse or pony or whatever though, and riding tack, and make sure you have at least 1 wks rations, waterskin and a wool blnket or bedroll. You're going to be travelling and it gets cold at night.

Regarding dice rolls. I will handle all rolls and post results in thread. I find linking to online dice rollers too time consuming so I use real dice. I respect the dice and you can count on 100% accuracy.

As far as where your characters are from, if you are a Human you can pick a medieval European City , preferrably in or near present day France. If you are an Elf pick a forest of the region. If you are a Dwarf pick a mountanous region. You don't all have to be exactly from Aquitaine/France as it was quite common in medieval times to be a man-at-arms and hire yourself out to whatever side paid the best wage or offered the best plot of land to a sword arm. Although demi-humans existed in this high fantasy realm, men were more populous and controlled most areas. I could envision Orcs intermixing with the Mongol hoards to the far east

Also Urieal, I am Ok with your char using a sword as per your diety, but stick with sling for ranged

Thanks!

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby Vargr1105 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Hmmm...more swag 12d6 x 10 can be a lot of money.

I'll change the character sheet later to account for new equipment.

Since some of us already rolled standard starting gold and spent it, may I suggest we roll 9d6 x 10 (12 dice minus the 3 already rolled) for the extra disposable income. It would save some math and perusing over the equipment we bought to see exactly how much was spent.
Vargr1105

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Sure, just add an additional 9d6 if you like. My bad for figuring the starting gold so low to begin with, I am just in the habit of more commonly starting characters 1st level I guess.

I'll also be divvying out 1 magic item to each PC after the characters are uploaded. I am going to roll randomly on the charts so there may be some odd items in play :o

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby Urieal » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 am

Scalydemon wrote:Also Urieal, I am Ok with your char using a sword as per your diety, but stick with sling for ranged

To be honest, I don't mind sticking with the mace with one caveat...

There's no maces on the magical weapons table :shock: The likelihood of me getting one in play is slim ;)

I'll stick with my mace, just do me a favor...if you randomly roll a Sword or something for my character, then just change it to a mace. I just don't wanna be left out in the dark with a "plain jane" weapon if you know what I mean.
Urieal

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:45 am

Actually I was going to use the random magic items tables found in the AEC, it is expanded and they have maces (pgs 86-104)

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Next

Return to Night of the Walking Wet