Welcome To Morgan Vale!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome To Morgan Vale!

Postby greyarea » Mon May 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus says his goodbyes to Han and Dak. He then informs the others that he will join them at table but needs to stop by his order. He takes his sack of coin, asks Grinkle to join, and heads to the order with the Captain.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 am

As you depart, Victor says quietly to those inquiring about weapons "If you tell me what you are seeking, specifically, I can help you obtain some items that would be useful to you. No promises, but let me do the hard work. Being in the employ of Waterdeep has it's perks, you know." He smiles and winks.

Boarding Victor's nondescript carriage, you are conveyed on a 10 minute ride through the nicer sections of Waterdeep, your short ride ending in a walled compound with a modest tower in the center, flanked by a small stable and what appears to be a small outbuilding or barracks. Two men in the livery of the city nod and wave the wagon through, and you are soon at the stairs and double doors to the tower.

Victor leads the way, and mumbles a few words, the doors glow, and silently swing open. As you follow him, you note that his tower is very spartan, and it seems to be mainly a place to rest, not a place to entertain. He takes you up a winding staircase to what you'd assume is the 3rd of 4th level, which is a spacious lab and study that takes up the whole floor. He motions toward a large table with two tomes one it. He makes a sweeping gesture and says "I have some spells which I make available to my students, and I'd be happy to do the same. Excuse me for a moment, and I'll be back." He motions for you to take a seat, and he's off... bouncing among his shelves and large boxes of scrolls and odds/ends. Before an hour has passed, he returns with two scroll tubes, and hands one to Rory, and one to Nahin. "Take these, with my compliments." He nods at Jayce and hands him a small pouch that clinks as you take it in hand. Casually glancing inside, you see four potions in small vials - Victor says "They are enhanced healing potions. Share them with your band. They will come in handy, I'm sure." (4 potions extra healing). I'll PM you on the scroll contents.

Victor smiles and says "If you'll excuse me, I have some appointments to attend to. Please let me know what it is you are seeking in the way of weapons, and I'll do my best. Now if you'll excuse me, the driver will return you to your lodgings. We'll be in touch." And with that, an attendant leads you outside to the waiting carriage. (Please let me know what you are looking for specifically)

Marcus and Grinkle -
Your visit with the Captain is brief. He leads you back to the order to a quick lunch. You are greeted and congratulated by the members of the order, and then left alone. Grinkle takes in the sights in fine form. The captain pulls you aside and says "Something is going on at Hellgate Keep that is affecting the surroundings south of Daggerford. I'd like you to look into it. I've spoken to Sherlen of the militia, and you will be given commissions and allowed to go as you will. I have instructed her that you will look into these emanations, and get to the bottom of it. I'd like you to check in with Sherlen when you return, and she'll fill you in." He smiles and turns to Grinkle. "Little one, you have done well. Stay close to Marcus, and you'll thrive. I look forward to seeing you upon your next visit." He smiles and hands both of you an amulet with the symbol of Torm on it. Each glows faintly. "Wear these with confidence, and when you are most in need, they will aid you." He continues "Well, you've earned some rest before you head south. Go. Be with your colleagues. The carriage will take you to the inn. May Torm protect the both of you." And with that, you are all off to the inn.

You regroup at the inn, prior to the dinner tonight. Let me know requests for weapons and anything else you need to do prior to dining with Edwin's dad...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus nods sternly and takes the amulet of Torm. I will do what I can. May Torm protect you.

OOC: Marcus may be familiar with the area, but I am not. Is this Hellgate Keep anywhere near the forest we were going to investigate? Would Marcus know that?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Nahin - Elf

Why thank you Victor, we'll make sure these are shared with the whole group. He will say referencing the potions. He will tale a look at the scroll: And again, Thank you!.

Nahin will be on the lookout for a blessed/magic long bow and/or arrows. If he comes across something that will enhance his defense he would not refuse it either.

OCC: We'll distribute the potions when we regroup.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sat May 17, 2014 2:13 am

Rory smiles as he's handed the scroll. "Much obliged," he says.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon May 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin start to copy the contents of his scroll to his spellbook ASAP.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:59 am

You all regroup, some of you weary from transcribing spells, others refreshed from the visits with old friends. You all gather for the carriage to your dinner.

Without taking too much time or detail, I can summarize the feast, and you are free to interact with others or seek specific actions as you see fit.

As you arrive at the palatial estate of Edwin, he greets you all warmly at the door, and between him and his father, you are paraded before what seems to be a hundred of Waterdeep's richest and finest. You are congratulated more times than you can count, and are the subject of many toasts and speeches. The food and wine flow freely, and Edwin takes time to make a toast to all of you - a poignant display of affection and thanks for freeing him from his bonds and bringing him home.

After several hours of dining and making merry, Edwin bids you all farewell, and tells you that whenever you are in town, his home is always open to you all. He thanks you again and bids you safe travels. His father comes out to see you off, and says to you: "Again, I thank you all for your bravery. I owe you much. I understand you are headed back to Daggerford. One of my caravans is headed south in two days, and I'd be honored to have a wagon set aside for you. It's the least I can do." He tells you that if you wish, he'll have the wagon meet you at the inn at dawn in two days. You won't have to worry about security or food, it'll be taken care of.

You return to the inn, tired and curious about what the future holds. You can do what you'd wish for the next day, just let me know. If you don't wish to take Edwin's father up on his offer, just let me know your plans.

Actions?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will sit down in the lobby/bar of their Inn and chat with the others: I don't see why we might not take him up on the wagon to Daggerford. Even if there is provided security we can also keep an eye out. What do you gents think?
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue May 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Marcus, paladin

Excellent idea, Nahin. Let's do just that.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Wed May 21, 2014 3:29 am

Jayce - Fighter
"Sounds good. Strength in numbers."

ooc: Still hoping for a magic bow, and ring of regeneration. :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure