Star Explorer ideas.

For discussion of the role-play board game that takes place in the Starships & Spacemen universe.

Star Explorer ideas.

Postby Age of Fable » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 am

I was going to make an online game based on Star Explorer. But writing is taking up my spare time, so I don't think I'll get to do it. Here are some ideas I had anyway, in case anyone else finds them useful:

On Minor Planets you can collect Styrofoam rocks. The player who collects the most gets a set amount of points.

A randomly selected Minor Planet turns out, when someone goes there, not to be a Minor Planet. It's a space station.

The ship can go through a portal to the mirror universe, resulting in an identical ship from the mirror universe coming into this universe. You can't go back to base if you're evil, but you can attack other ships (including other evil ones). An evil ship can go back through the portal to be replaced by the original ship.

If there's more than one portal on the board, players can try to teleport from one to another (maybe this could result in them ending up in the mirror universe).

Beings of pure energy could be encountered in space. They judge whether the ship is sufficiently evolved. Having military crews makes this less likely, having diplomatic crews makes it more likely. Mirror universe crews automatically fail.

Another random encounter: the ship receives a distress beacon. Failing to respond (ie continuing on) loses points. It might turn out to be a trap set by pirates.

The ship comes across Abraham Lincoln in space. If they subsequently encounter pirates, there's a chance the pirates demand that the crew hand Lincoln over (losing points if they do). Lincoln will make a stirring speech to any beings of pure energy, resulting in the crew being let go.
Age of Fable

Re: Star Explorer ideas.

Postby Age of Fable » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:23 am

To Goblinoid Games:

The system won't let me send PMs, so I can't reply to your PM. However, I meant I was going to use similar rules, not the name 'Star Explorer'.
Age of Fable

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Age of Fable wrote:To Goblinoid Games:

The system won't let me send PMs, so I can't reply to your PM. However, I meant I was going to use similar rules, not the name 'Star Explorer'.

Please send me an email... goblinoidgames "at" yahoo "dot" com
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Age of Fable » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Thanks, but that was all I was going to say :)
Age of Fable

Return to Star Explorer