The dungeon creation game!

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

Re: The dungeon creation game!

Postby elf23 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Brilliant MedievalKnievel -- I love room 15! (And I just realised last night that I forgot to mention anything about the small closet room off room 14.)
elf23

Postby MedievalKnievel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah, I noticed that, I hope you didn't mind me horking in on the empty closet. :)

After rolling up 10 kobolds with no treasure, I sat there staring at the map for a while trying to figure out what the heck they were doing in that room. Then it just hit me -- obviously they're trying to figure out how to steal the nearby treasure!
MedievalKnievel

Postby Black Wyvern » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

16. Storage Room: This room is filled with broken wooden shelving. Two Giant Crab Spiders live amid the debris, waiting for anyone to come close. The floor of the room is littered with the dried remains of the pairs victims, namely several rats and beetles and two kobolds. 29 copper pieces and 49 gold pieces are scattered on the floor.

Spiders, Giant Crab: Move 120’(40’), AC 7, HD 2, HP 7 each, Attack 1 bite, Dam 1d8 + poison, Save F1, Morale 7, XP 38 each.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby Black Wyvern » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Elf have you been lurking in the shadows waiting for room 14 since Keebler?
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby elf23 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Black Wyvern wrote:Elf have you been lurking in the shadows waiting for room 14 since Keebler?

Erm, sort of ;)
I wanted to connect the lonely gnome from room 2 to something else in the dungeon, and when I rolled a "special" encounter for room 14, and remembered the Keebler references about the tree, well... it kind of all fell into place.

MedievalKnievel wrote:Yeah, I noticed that, I hope you didn't mind me horking in on the empty closet. :)

Not at all! You put that closet to great use. :)
elf23

Postby MedievalKnievel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:11 pm

As we're approaching the end here, can I make a suggestion? How about after the last room is complete, we wrap it up with 6 (or more?) entries for the wandering monster table.
MedievalKnievel

Postby elf23 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:32 pm

MedievalKnievel wrote:As we're approaching the end here, can I make a suggestion? How about after the last room is complete, we wrap it up with 6 (or more?) entries for the wandering monster table.

Great idea!

Are there any other "finishing up" tasks? I was thinking it'd be good for one person to go through and compile all the entires into a single text document and then to check it through for continuity (I'd volunteer to do this, unless anyone else is really keen). It'd also be really cool to put it together into a PDF, including the map, for people to download.

It needs a name too :)
elf23

Postby greyarea » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 pm

How about The Ke'eBler Ruins?
greyarea

Postby MedievalKnievel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:32 am

I've actually been dropping the entries (along with the map) into a document as we've been going. It would be pretty easy for me to dump it to a PDF once we're done if you like.
MedievalKnievel

Postby elf23 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 am

MedievalKnievel wrote:I've actually been dropping the entries (along with the map) into a document as we've been going. It would be pretty easy for me to dump it to a PDF once we're done if you like.

Ok great!

greyarea wrote:How about The Ke'eBler Ruins?

Sounds good :)

3 rooms to go... We still have to see what lurks in the lowest level.
elf23

PreviousNext

Return to Open Workshop