Labyrinth Lord Society At Gary Con V in March!

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

Labyrinth Lord Society At Gary Con V in March!

Postby sniderman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:49 pm

OK gang, I'm starting early because I'd like a strong LLS turnout at Gary Con V in March. We are currently looking for attendees who would be willing to run Labyrinth Lord games at the convention. Last year, there were NO LL games run at Gary Con! If you're attending, let me know! If you're willing to run an event or two under the LLS banner, doubly let me know. (Or if you'd like to run any other Goblinoid Games' offerings like Mutant Future, Timemaster, Starship and Spacemen, Rotworld, and the like.) Even if you don't want to run a game, we plan on having a more fleshed-out Meet-and-Greet as well as special events (and swag) for LLS members!

So post in this thread if you're planning on being there. And if you'd like to run a game or two, drop me a private message.
sniderman

Re: Labyrinth Lord Society At Gary Con V in March!

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm pondering GaryCon. However, they better hurry up and get some details together as far as lodging links, etc. If I'm going to travel over a thousand miles, I want to be sure I know where and when I should show up.
Mark

Postby sniderman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Mark wrote:I'm pondering GaryCon. However, they better hurry up and get some details together as far as lodging links, etc. If I'm going to travel over a thousand miles, I want to be sure I know where and when I should show up.

Hmmm... I see that the Show Information and Travel Information links are still ""Coming soon." But I assure you that registration and reservations are up and running as the site was updated some time ago with all of the information currently available.

Here's the primary link: Gary Con
You need to first register for the site: Here's the link.
Then you can purchase your badge and any souvenirs that strike your fancy.

To make lodge reservations, you have to call the Lodge directly. Call (800) 225-5558 and tell them you are part of Gary Con to get the special $89/night room rate. If you want to stay and play a little longer, there is a $49 rate on Sunday night.

GMs will start registering their events on Oct. 1 as I recall, and players can sign up beginning in January.

A lot of information is posted to the Gary Con forums, so that'd be a good place to get up-to-date info while the website is being updated: Gary Con Forums
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:30 pm

The Labyrinth Lord Society is now recruiting GMs, DMs, MLs, LLs, CMs, and other game refs who will be at Gary Con in March 2013 who would like to run a game or two while there. If you'll be at the convention, and if you have any interest in running a game or two of Labyrinth Lord, Mutant Future, Rotworld, Timemaster, Starships and Spacemen, Wizard's World, or GORE, please send me a private message here or email me at gameagain at gmail dot com.

If you have any questions, you can also post 'em here in this thread.
sniderman

Postby sniderman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Three Goblinoid Games / Labyrinth Lord Society events are now scheduled for Gary Con:

The Scourge From Beyond Infinity - Wizard’s World
FRI 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The natural flow of time is running amok across the lands, causing every living thing to spontaneously deteriorate, wither, and die of old age. Even the PCs can feel the icy grip of time sapping their youth and vitality. Immune from the ravages of aging, Hyzelsia the Eternal approaches the group for assistance in dealing with this threat. Is the danger magical or natural…or both? Come try out this classic gonzo fantasy RPG from 1983! This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

Thundarr the Barbarian: Warlord of the Sacred Library - Mutant Future
SAT 8 a.m. – noon
Lords of Light! Drakexx the Unstoppable has established a stronghold in the forbidden Congers Library where thousands of Ancient texts are stored. What use does a warlord have with these tomes, and what secrets does he hope to unlock? The tribal shaman of the village of Linkon has tasked Thundarr, Ookla, and Princess Ariel with stopping and driving out the mindless brute! This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

The Battle for Wacky Valley - Mutant Future
SAT Noon – 4 p.m.
In the post-apocalyptic ruins of a walled-off Ancient city, war has broken out amongst the surviving factions residing there. Cannons roar throughout the harbor as an invasion from The East is thwarted. Meanwhile, sword-wielding pure humans attack any mutant animals they encounter. His Royal Highness Rutherford B. Hayes has tasked the PCs with discovering why his kingdom is in turmoil. This is a Labyrinth Lord Society production.

And there's more to come!
sniderman

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society