A Mutant Future skill system. Would this be a good idea?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: A Mutant Future skill system. Would this be a good idea?

Postby Agrippa » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Adapt wrote:
Agrippa wrote:For the most part I'm not talking about a system with skill checks or the like. Think more along the lines of skill ranks granting special abilities rather than bonuses skill checks.

I've fiddled around with a similar idea for using these kinds of "skills" for Mutant Future. I just went through some of my old notes, and found my list of "skills", which I called "Specialties": Craftsman, Hunter, Medic, Scavenger, Scholar, Scout, Settler, Technician, and Trader. As you can probably tell, each one is really more like a "class" than a skill. Like you mentioned, there aren't a lot of "skill checks" to be made. Most of the Specialties simply give some additional ability. For example, Technicians get bonuses to their Technology rolls, Scouts have a reduced chance of becoming lost in the wilderness, and Medics can treat injuries and heal people. My notes are pretty rough and incomplete, but I'd be happy to clean them up a bit and post some more info here if anyone is interested.

That sounds somewhat like my idea. So of course I'd like to see your work on the subject. It might even give me a few ideas to steal. :)
Agrippa

Re: A Mutant Future skill system. Would this be a good idea?

Postby Adapt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 am

Agrippa wrote:That sounds somewhat like my idea. So of course I'd like to see your work on the subject. It might even give me a few ideas to steal. :)

I'll have to work my notes into something a bit more presentable/usable, but it shouldn't take too long. I'll see if I can put together some sort of document or blog post and will post a link up here ASAP. Then you are free to steal away :)
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Previous

Return to Mutant Future