Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Bissel

Postby greyarea » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:10 pm

The party enters the Inn.

Welcome to the Dagger and Wand! Please close the door behind ye! You look cold. Freya! Get this band some mulled wine! yells a dwarf at the bar, which is close to the door and runs long along the wall. He's obviously on a raised platform behind the bar, and his red beard, nicely braided, shows flecks of grey, as does the red hair peeking from under his bandanna.

From across the room you hear over the din, Get it yourself! I'm busy!

The bartender turns, and then five mugs of warm mulled wine are on the counter. You get a chance to look around. After the frightful cold outside, you notice that this place is warm! Hot, even! Your cold fingers and toes tingle as life returns to them, and your exposed skin burns as it warms.

The Dagger and Wand is packed to the gills. There are at least two musicians in opposite corners and people attempting to dance. There are many rough looking people: by their gear you'd guess sailors or longshoremen. There are other assorted folks as well, of every race and type. There seems to be plenty of food and drink, although much of the food appears to be various types of preserved items and root cellar vegetables, and the bread that's you see people eating appears to be hardtack.

A half-ogre approaches and leads you to a small high-boy, without stools. Given the density of life in the bar, it's surprising that there is any place for you at all. The half-ogre pushes aside a sleeping elf and wipes the tabletop quickly before presenting it to you. Dandy is at eye level with the tabletop (and Grimes needs his tiptoes to get there) but it will have to do. The half-ogre turns and says, You boys look new. I didn't think we'd get anyone new since the Frost, least not anyone alive. I'm Crunch and I'll be by with more mulled wine in a minute.

The minute is more like ten. Your fingers are just starting to work and you are actually sweating when he refills your mugs from an earthenware jug, which he then leaves on the table, half full.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34

OOC: The Tomb of Horrors is completed. As per the module suggests, I'm awarding everyone 95,000XP for the adventure. That should be enough to bump most of you up at least one level. It actually suggests an even 100K for defeating Acererak but you didn't quite defeat him, did you? :)
greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby merias » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy takes a minute to ask Crunch when and why the Frost started.

ooc: HP roll for lvl 8, please, unless you want us to do it? I forget.
merias

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Crunch seems surprised at Dandy's question. Hmmm, the Frost came suddenly a week or so ago. The sun blinked and we haven't seen it since. Smell the salt in the air? No? This is a port town and the frickin' seas froze. We have all of this because of stranded ships with freezing holds. I don't know what we're gonna do when the wine, ale, and food give out.

As to what caused it, I don't know. I do know that there's a group over at Llywelyn Monastery across town who are discussing what might have caused it and what to do about it. Clerics of all sorts have gathered there. You might want to ask them, once you've warmed your bones.

Hold on
, (turning from you) Yeah, I see you! Be right with you, bub. (He turns back to you, obviously perturbed.) This place never saw so many customers. I'll bring you a platter of food, on the house since you seem to be new here, BE RIGHT THERE, he yells again, and some more wine. You boys look frostbit.

He rumbles off. Llywelyn Monastery tickles something in Dandy's mind Dandy INT check [1d20] = 9 and finally he's got it. That's a monastery of Belenus. Now he recognizes the name Bissel, he met a cleric of Belenus when he was a mere altar dwarf who was from Bissel...

Actions?

Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34

Roll your own HP, please. I trust y'all.
greyarea

Postby merias » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:39 pm

"Ah, a temple of Belenus hisself! I'll be headed there after we get a decent meal, if anyone wants ta brave the cold again," Dandy says.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter nods at Crunch as he serves up the wine and food. Drinking the wine in gulps he comes up for air: The sun disappeared? Odd indeed. Crunch, before you go, is there somewhere in town where one can purchase wizardly scrolls or spells?

To the Dandy: Yes, let's check the monastery after we have a bit more to eat. It's been a long time since we've been anyplace civil. He casts floating disc so the shorter folks have a place to sit for a bit.

OCC: Dieter leveled, could I request an HP roll?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Castinus drinks way more than he should. "We're not going anywhere," he says, "until I get to sleep in a warm bed. Or, a bed. Or a common room. Or maybe even a stable. Anyway, I ain't goin' nowhere until I get to sleep under a roof." He looks around to see if anyone is paying any attention to him.

OC: Castinus likewise leveled up, and needs a hp roll, please. Also, do you include dex bonus for thieving abilities, and can we still add any prime requisite bonuses to our XP awards? I didn't want to presume I could tack an extra 9,500 XP on to my total without asking.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:06 pm

tumblingdice wrote:OC: Castinus likewise leveled up, and needs a hp roll, please. Also, do you include dex bonus for thieving abilities, and can we still add any prime requisite bonuses to our XP awards? I didn't want to presume I could tack an extra 9,500 XP on to my total without asking.

Yes, please add prime requisite bonuses.

dieter HP [1d4] = 4
Castinus HP [1d4] = 3

Yes, we are using AEC so Dex does modify thieving skills.

Crunch wanders by the table and Dieter asks his question. Well, there's the Horizont Alley, which is a wizard's shop. It's near the mage tower where the wizard's guild meets, although rumor has it that the really important ones are at Monastery. All the big heads are meetin' there. Explains why there ain't no brains in this place, yourselves excluded, of course.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:16 am

Dieter - Mage

I agree Castinus, we should see if we can get some rooms in this place.
Dieter will inquire about the availability of 2-3 rooms.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:37 am

Crunch is no where to be found, probably helping other customers. One of you inquires at the bar. The dwarf leans over and, with fishy breath, says, You see how many people we got here. No single rooms. I can give you a common room for the five of you to share. 10 Gold. For an extra two, you can have a key to keep people out.

He smirks, This blackout cold is good for business, tho Brimir knows how long we got til the heat goes and we're all ice.

Actions?

Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Castinus 34/34
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:58 am

Dieter - Mage

I hear you Castinus, lets get some rooms together. I could use a bath also... Dieter will flag Crunch down and see what they can do for accommodations making a point that they are will to pay for some pampering.
Spanningtree

Next

Return to Skull Mountain