Back to Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Back to Bissel

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:57 am

The party heads down the muddy path towards where they believe Bissel to be. The path is certainly different than that leading to the caves but it is clear from your altitude where the coastline is and, as you recall hearing, Bissel is on the sea. Looking back, Lludd and Fido seem to mournfully watch you leave until they are mere specks and then they disappear behind a rise.

Acquaire answers Grimes as the party descends the mucky trail. I can stay with you, if you desire. But I can leave as well. Seeing the sea from the mountain has certainly rekindled my desire for the deep, but you saved me from the my prison. I am torn. She looks up to espy the ocean but it is obscured by mountains due to the descent.

The sun is strong this high and the warmth it brings reminds you of your sacred mission. It had just peeked over the ridge when you began your descent and raced across the sky as if pulled by a mighty chariot. Shadows lengthen now and the air begins to cool as evening comes. The trees are more numerous here, having passed the treeline sometime after you ate lunch, and more wildlife has been active among the conifers here.

A loud grumble signals the need for dinner soon.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 40/40 < Cure Light Wounds x7,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead, flame strike >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Dieter 42/42 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Lightning Bolt , Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Re: Back to Bissel

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:37 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will study the area they leave Lludd and Fido at until he becomes very familiar with it before leaving (IE: potential teleport target).

As they select a site for dinner Dieter will instance his fortress, in a pine surrounded clearing, and make his friends understood to the artifact so they may come and go unhindered.

Just outside the fort, striking up a fire made up of underbrush, Dieter will sit down on a rock and stare into the flames. You know, it does not get any better than this... we made it out of the maw of almost assured failure... and live to speak about it. Not sure we are headed now but I feel a binding to all of you that transcends even family.

Let's see where this path leads, I could use a bit of reality myself but I make no expectations.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:08 am

Castinus, fresh from his brush with oblivion, is his usual glum and moody self. "Yeah, Shae," he ponders. "Think she'll try to kill me if we bring her back? I did try to stab her in the face," he reminds the group.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 pm

The dancing flames tell Dieter no tales, hypnotic as they may be. Castinus' question hangs over the group as they prepare for bed in the tower.

random encounter [1d6] = 2

A rumble shakes the ground as something big, very big approaches. Through the trees you espy a large figure, easily thrice the height of the tallest of you, approaching.

Actions?

Grimes 69/69
--Dandy 40/40 < Cure Light Wounds x7,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead, flame strike >
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
Dieter 42/42 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Lightning Bolt , Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Castinus scrambles for cover, attempting a scouting mission via the move silently/hide in shadows maneuver. He'll wait on the backstab until he has more information. :)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby merias » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:00 pm

"A giant, eh? Just the thing fer me 'n Whelm," Dandy says. He waits for the brains in the outfit to parley, or give the attack sign.
merias

Postby badams30 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes gives Dandy a smile and says "save some for me, eh?" And he gathers Wave, gives the party a wink and says "I'll be to the side, observing."
And then he uses his ring to go invisible. He'll move quietly (using his Halfling outdoor abilities.. being a Halfling on the edge you don't think about those often) to the side, waiting to see what develops.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 am

Dieter - Mage

Hopefully he speaks common... Dieter will wave to the giant: Hullo? And then try to peg him with charm monster.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:40 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk moves to take cover out of sight from the giant.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Castinus hide in shadows 77% [1d100] = 46
Two of you slip into the shadows and a third tries while the others await the creature coming.

Soon, the firelight illuminates a giant of a man, easily two stories high. A large club, more like a small tree trunk, rests on his shoulder and he's stripped his sheep-skin jerkin to the waist, likely due to the newfound warmth spreading across the land. His single eye regards the party he can see.

He regards Dieter with his single eye, reaction [2d6-1] = 3-1 = 2 and smiles. In very broken and simple Common, he responds, Hello you. When dark come it cold again, so when see fire me come. Me Scott. Can share fire?

Actions?

Grimes 69/69
Castinus 39/39
--Furuk 78/78
--Acquaire
greyarea

Next

Return to Skull Mountain