Interlude

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude

Postby badams30 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:50 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin lets Caydon's words sink in, then he glances at his brother, then back at Caydon. "I'm sorry. My thoughts have been for the humble villagers here in Hommlet, not the questionable residents of Nulb, who turn a blind eye to what goes down at their doorstep. But since no one else seems to be willing to make the call on how we deal with these beings we meet, I do the best I can. But since it bothers you so, perhaps you can assume the role and account for all the persons - human and otherwise, and you decide their disposition. It is not a job I relish, on the contrary, I try to take these things at their word, as I would expect from anyone else. Since my ethical missteps are at odds with your humble and righteous sensibilities, it is your call going forward." Thurwin starts to turn away and then turns back with an angry frown on his face, and points at Caydon. "We've been friends for a long time, I don't ever let that leave my thoughts. And despite your past, I've never lectured or questioned you, but now you choose to besmirch me? I'll hear no more of it." Thurwin waves his hand at the rest of the assembled party "I am just a weak wizard, and all I've tried to do is what is right. I've been insulted and chastised for my words and views, and I'll have it no longer." He turns and heads for an empty spot at the bar, away from the party.

OOC: Okay, selling all unclaimed magic (mace, chain and battle axe) plus jewels, here it is:

I included Bror in the even split, unless anyone disagrees. It doesn't make a big diff. Each member of the party gets in coin: 38PP, 1019GP, 34EP, 127SP,

badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:28 am

The night passes uneventfully, although there is clearly some bad blood between wizard and thief. The paladin is still not heard from.

The next morning, Thurwin is not to be found, until he arrives back at the Wench with two healing potions he was able to secure while everyone else is breaking their fasts. The money is distributed and you are ready to set off back to the Temple. However, Morgan is still not among you.

Finally, the priest that took him aside comes down. Your friend Morgan left last eve. He is on a mission for the Church. We hope it to be short but he has demons to contend with, personal and otherwise.

Anything else before you head back to the Temple of Elemental Evil?

ooc: Morgan / tumblingdice is taking a break from the game. Hopefully he will return soon and I'll write him back in.

For their discussion and reactions, 2XP to both Thurwin and Caydon. I love alignment discussions and this was great. (and yes, a lot of it took place via PM)
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:07 pm

CALMERT: Cleric
Did the Gnome get one (or more) of the healing potions we recovered since he couldn't use the armor or mace? If not, he may want to go buy one (at least) as well.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kwll » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Calthas raises an eyebrow when watching the argument, then shrugs seeing how humans love to expose their feelings so openly. The next day he is ready to go, but a bit puzzled at how he and his mates are going to carry so much treasure...
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin sullenly rejoins the group and heads over to Calmert. He hands him one of the potions "I made a sizable donation to the Church this morning, and I obtained these from them. My intent was to keep one and hand another one out so that we have some just in case. Here - take this one. I've also passed along feedback of your brave efforts to the Priests. Thank you, I am glad you are with us."

Thurwin stows the extra potion in his flask and tucks it in his robe. He glances at the others, and says "Time to be heading back then, eh?" He turns and goes outside, double checking his gear and equipment and waiting for the others to come out so we can leave.
badams30

Postby Tamerlaine » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pm

When Bror receives his generous share of the spoils, he immediately buys an older, sturdy pony, a pick and a locked chest. With the coins in the chest, now strapped to the pony, the dwarf goes a little bit outside Hommlet and when no one is looking (he takes great pains to make sure no one follows or witnesses him), he buries/hides the chest, being clever in the location.

The next morning, Bror is up early tending to the pony, whistling a jaunty tune as he does so. He’s ready to go and offers his help to anyone else if it will help expedite their departure.

OOC: Of course I’ll leave it up to the DM to tell me how much the chest cost. Just let me know and I’ll defray the amount.
Tamerlaine

Postby kwll » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 pm

After thinking about it twice, Calthas will go to Jaroo and leave his coins there -- if he will accept to guard them for him. He will make a donation of 100GP, and ask for any blessing or item that the druid can offer / sell.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric will replenish his supplies, then will tag along with Calthas and go see his Druidic brother for any help he cares to hand out. Not really having much in the way of worldly needs, he donates all but the platinum to Jaroo.
merias

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Jaroo is thankful and accepts the donations. He promises to watch over Calthas' coin.

Bror gets an iron box and lock for 50GP ("For what you're thinking, you want iron, not wood. And this box will hold all you want and more.") and does his business. No one seems interested and he doesn't think he was followed.

The party sets off back to the Temple. wandering monsters [1d12] = 2 As you walk through the woods, taking your usual route you hear a loud squealing and commotion. Then, from the brush boars [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3 three wild boars come charging at the party!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < >
Calmert 14/14 <2/3/friends>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror 12/12

oc: if anyone else has things they would like to do prior to leaving Hommlet, let me know -- we can consider those done.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin quietly backs up a step and hurls an energy bolt at one of the approaching boars.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk