1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Postby Adapt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Jarek takes position near the back, next to Tret and Athelstan. "I don't suppose either of you brought some dice? Or perhaps some cards?"
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:09 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

To Jarek: "I'm afraid not. I have no luck at games of skill or chance. My free time is usually occupied by sharpening my weapons or maintaining my equipment. Perhaps one of these crewmen might have some." quietly, to Jarek: "all the same, I'd be wary of these men."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Soldath

To Kalanos: Misha's landing, excellent. Good to hear there is a place to rest our heads there. As the dock works finish their loading and boarding is commencing he will ask Kalanos: Would you have a fishing pole that I might borrow for a bit? I'd like to try my luck on the water.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:19 am

Kalanos raises his eyebrows at Soldath's request? "Fishin' pole? Somewheres around here, I imagine," he says as he rummages through the spare oars in the bottom of the boat. Finding one, he hands it to you. "If you can scare up somethin' to use as bait, be my guest."

One of the rowers stops what he's doing and turns to Soldath. "You fish?" he asks. "Once, in this very river, I caught a brook trout, musta been 'bout this big." The fellow holds his hands up about 18 inches apart.

"That's nothing!" another one replies. "Why, last year, I pulled in a..."

And so it starts.

There's room for one more of you in the back. Please get yourselves positioned, and then we can get this boat moving. There will be plenty of time for fish stories, dirty jokes and naughty work songs--in both Thyatian and Traladaran--once you're on the water.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Scalydemon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Marion - Hobbit

Makes her way to the back of the boat and joins her comrades. She seems in good spirits awaiting the journey ahead. "Never been on a boat before. Hope I don't get sick."

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Tret, roguish thief

Seeing his opportunity, Tret begins to strade stories with Kalanos. He is being as friendly as possible, telling his own stories with the best of his ability and inviting Kalanos to one-up him.

Depending on the success of this, he will ask if Kalanos has any stories of our employer, Stephan, the white horses we pursue or the Callarii elves. Not pumping for information but encouraging to share his tales regarding these topics to see if good information slips.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Soldath

Soldath will make his way onboard, preferably to the rear. Taking a nibble from one of his rations he will bait the line. Once underway and finding a comfortable perch he will proceed to cast the line. Hopefully our engagement will not become more tedious than this. He will say to no one in particular with a smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kipper » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

badams30 wrote:Athelstan - Dour Fighter
Athelstan will quietly say to Renardius "I think I will take a place at the back of this thing, so as to be able to keep a watchful eye on this motley band of rowers. Be careful, friend. The sooner we get back on dry land the happier I will be."

Renardius nods solemnly, and rests his free hand casually upon his mace for a moment. Nothing more need be said.
kipper

Postby Adapt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Jarek - Thief

Jarek smiles sympathetically at Marion. "I get a touch of sea sickness myself. It's not as bad on the river as in the open sea. A touch of wine usually helps settle the-" he stops mid-sentence, a look pf panic on his face. "By the gods!"

He whips off his pack and rummages through it. "Of all the stupid mistakes... I didn't bring any wine!" He then lets fly with a string of curses that would seem more appropriate coming form the mouths of the ship's crew.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby badams30 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

To Soldath: "I agree... I am anxious for some action, but hopefully on dry land. The close confines of this craft make me uneasy. Good luck with your fishing."

Athelstan will spend the time sitting back, observing the crew of the boat, and the river banks as we go along, being watchful for anything out of the ordinary or for possible trouble.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror