When can we get a copy of this game?

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

When can we get a copy of this game?

Postby Knight7000 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 pm

This is wonderful news thank you Goblinoid games for making this possible. When can we pre-order the dead tree version of this?
Knight7000

Re: When can we get a copy of this game?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

It will be POD, so no preorder necessary. I'll post links to where to buy it once proofs arrive. Thanks for your interest!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby The Venomous Pao » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Heck yeah! This is fantastic news, Dan. Thank you for bringing this terrible progeny to the world!
Old School, New School and other bloggy bits at StrangeStones.com
The Venomous Pao

Postby artbraune » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Need this... Any plans for a print and PDF combo?
artbraune

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:50 pm

artbraune wrote:Need this... Any plans for a print and PDF combo?

I don't generally do these because Lulu doesn't have the option, and I don't want all default sales to go to RPGnow, for a variety of reasons.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DavetheLost » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 am

So, better for Goblinoid if we order from Lulu when possible?

I don't need to know why, just what helps you guys the most.
DavetheLost

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 am

DavetheLost wrote:So, better for Goblinoid if we order from Lulu when possible?

I don't need to know why, just what helps you guys the most.

Not necessarily, I just don't think it is good all around for RPGnow to have a virtual monopoly. For PDF sales I would love for more traffic to come to my own webstore.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby daddystabz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:19 pm

The fact that Goblinoid never does PDF + print combos turns me off. It is rather inconvenient and more expensive this way. I don't want to pay almost $30 for the book and then fork out another $10 separately for the PDF. These days I always want my games in both formats for various reasons, including having the PDF up while we are playing so I can ctrl + F search it when needed.

This may unfortunately make Cryptworld a no buy for me and that saddens me, being a huge Chill fan from way back and owning a ton of Chill products.

Goblinoid Games wrote:
artbraune wrote:Need this... Any plans for a print and PDF combo?

I don't generally do these because Lulu doesn't have the option, and I don't want all default sales to go to RPGnow, for a variety of reasons.
daddystabz

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 pm

daddystabz wrote:The fact that Goblinoid never does PDF + print combos turns me off. It is rather inconvenient and more expensive this way. I don't want to pay almost $30 for the book and then fork out another $10 separately for the PDF. These days I always want my games in both formats for various reasons, including having the PDF up while we are playing so I can ctrl + F search it when needed.

This may unfortunately make Cryptworld a no buy for me and that saddens me, being a huge Chill fan from way back and owning a ton of Chill products.

Customers who ask me to invest countless hours and thousands of dollars to bring a product to completion, and not charge a reasonable price for it, turn me off. Here's the deal, I understand your point of view, and even agree with it in some cases, but I'm not apologetic about it in my case for this reason. I price my stuff reasonably. You can instead buy another perfect bound game in the mid 20 buck range and get your free PDF, but was the PDF really free? I charge 6.45 for the PDF and less than 20 bucks for the perfect bound. In fact, I don't charge 10 bucks for any of my PDFs. Many other publishers would charge as much more for the print books as I do for the PDF separately, and many charge way more for the PDF. Come on, your going to tell me that my pricing structure is unreasonable? If it were any less I'd never break even on anything. Keep in mind whatever your paying I'm also paying manufacturing costs and/or a royalty to the vendor, and trying to chip away at the price of art, writing, etc. I won't see a profit on CRYPTWORLD for a while.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DavetheLost » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:26 pm

While Goblinoid does not offer print+PDF combos, I don't think they have to. For starters the core rules for Labyrinth Lord and Mutant Future are boh available in free versions. And with Open Source licenses to boot! This is very generous.

Second, and more to the point with the Pacesetter line, the cost of print+PDF is comparable to the cost of "bundles" from other companies. I just ordered paper copies of both Majus and Cryptworld to join my copy of Rotworld on the bookshelf. I also have all three games in PDF on my iPad.

One thing I really lke about not having a bundled option is that I don't feel ripped off if I buy the PDF first to check out a game and then decide I want it in print too. With many companies if I buy the PDF first I do not get any rebate or discount when I buy the print version. In some cases I have bought a game in PDf, then bought the print version and been sent a "free" PDF. Erosion bundled with the print. With Goblinoid I pay separately for each item, but I don't feel I lose out getting a second PDF free after I pay for the first.
DavetheLost

Next

Return to CRYPTWORLD