Looking to cross over Dark Sun to MF

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Looking to cross over Dark Sun to MF

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 am

It is a fantasy PA setting, so LL or MF would work well...certainly the option to combine both would be welcome...here are a couple of the playable races

aarakocra

dwarf

elf/eladrin

goliath

halflings

Pterran

thri-Kreen

tiefling

dray/dragon borne

I am leaning heavy towards what we can easily sell to the common D&D crowd as well as bring them into the MF style of gaming as well :)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Looking to cross over Dark Sun to MF

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:41 am

Dark Sun is easily my favorite setting for AD&D 2e. I'd really like to play in a campaign which was an adaptation of it for LL and MF. You'd have to combine the two because you would need to use the rules for psionics from MF. I'm not big on advanced rule sets so I don't know how you would adapt them from 2e rules, but something makes me think they could be used to convert Dark Sun. You would have to modify certain things but it could totally be done.
Gavin

Re: Looking to cross over Dark Sun to MF

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 am

It would not be that tough really. I was not a huge fan of the over the top psionics, though some would be a nice flavor...especially those that helped with survival in the harsh desert.

Certainly a bit of cross over for the flavor with LL would be helpful.

Just stat up the different races and move forward :D
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Mutant Future