Monday Night LL+AEC Skype

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Monday Night LL+AEC Skype

Postby JVWest » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am

Hey all

I'll be starting up a Monday night Labyrinth Lord game very soon and I'm looking for a few more players. We'll be using LL+ most of the AEC in an original setting with some house rules. We'll also be using Theorems & Thaumaturgy to some degree.

Game time slot is going to be 9:30 to 11:30 PM, Eastern Daylight Time, on Mondays.

If anybody is interested in doing some old fashioned Skype gaming, has the technical ability to do it, and can swing the time slot then PM me and let's talk hit points and armor class.
JV West
JVWest

Re: Monday Night LL+AEC Skype

Postby AndrewNI » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I'd be interested in hearing a little more about the setting.
AndrewNI

Postby JVWest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Sure thing. I've only discussed the local setting so far to the players as that's all they need to know at the moment.

The adventure centers on a northern city called Frimmsreach, one of the cities of the gods. It is a city built of ice, stone, and iron. It is built up and built down more than it sprawls. The city is governed by the Norg, a race of ogre-like horned people (picture Vikings with horns). In the city elves and gnomes have a bit of privilege because the superstitious Norg think of them as mystical good luck charms. Humans are second-class to the Norg and are mostly in the roles of slaves or paid servants, though some can ascend much higher.

Norg and dwarves are bitter enemies so no dwarves live in the city who aren't in prison or dead.

The city is on the edge of the Total Waste of Ice and Snow so the adventure takes place in a cold, snowy, icy region on the edge of the mountains.

The elves of this setting are ephemeral and more faerie than human. The Elf is a race-class based on the Fey Elf from Theorems & Thaumaturgy. Their spells are inherent magical powers that replenish daily.

Half-elves can be played as more elf than human, being a race-class similar to Elf but having fewer spells and leveling as a fighter. Or they can embrace the human side and be treated as a fairly standard half-elf race from the Advanced Edition Companion.

Gnomes are straight out of the AEC, as are humans.

I don't follow the racial class and level limits but I do adjust XP requirements to add some balance.

I hope that gives you a decent picture of what I'm gunning for.
JV West
JVWest

Postby JVWest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

The first session went great! The players brought their A-game, Skype worked beautifully, and things flowed very smoothly. We played a 2 hour session and covered a lot of territory from straight RP to combat to strategic thinking.

Proof of concept: can you run a fun game over audio? Yes you can. And LL's simple core rules make it fast and smooth.

Anyone interested in joining in on Monday nights send me a private message.
JV West
JVWest

Postby JVWest » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Four episodes into the game and still going strong. The PCs have made it out of the Ice Forest and are now dealing with the threat of cyclopean orcs.

We now have three players, which is actually quite nice for a Skype game. I could handle one more but I don't think I want to go five players. Would seem a bit chaotic, I think.

But if anyone is interested just send me a message and we'll see how it goes!
JV West
JVWest

Return to Gamer Gatherings