greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby kjc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 am

GreyKatana wrote:Father Redmond plays along:
"Go ahead kill him. I will summon his restless soul after for questioning."
:D

Caydon - Rogue
Caydon also approaches the blindfolded brigand. Resting his dagger against the bandit's throat he says gruffly, "Ah c'mon boss, you killed the last couple o' guys. I figure this one is mine..."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby kwll » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Calthas smiles at his party mates little games and puts back his arrow in its quiver and approaches the chest to check on it.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 pm

The bandit is a small man. His ring mail is old, upon inspection, and his boots have a hole in one toe and are muddy. His hair has mud caked in it and he is in bad need of a shave, for what beard grows is patchy.

Upon hearing the threats, he says, Look, we is just living out here: we ain't got no homes or nothin. When I sees how many of you there is, well better to run than to fight, know what I mean? I mean, we didn't do no harm to you. I said to run, didn't I?

When the knife is pressed to his throat, he leaves a puddle. I ain't lyin! We got almost nothin' here. It's just us and some critters, I swear. Ain't no one gone downstairs that I know of. There's a big snake in the room south down the hall -- he et one of us so we don't go near there no mo! Please let me go. Don't kill me! We tried to run, we didn't try to fight! I swear I told you all I know!

Calthas finds nothing more than already described in the chest.

The eggs over the fire start to burn. They stink.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <4/2>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin nods and says "What have you been doing? Don't tell me you are just camping here. Are you responsible for the banditry as of late?" He pauses and says "How long have you been here for? What have you seen, comings and goings? I want to know everything, then we'll consider your fate."

OOC: Assuming this is one of the bandits that has been plaguing the area, Thurwin votes to take him to Burne and Rufus for disposition.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Banditry? What banditry? We only been here a couple of days. [The debris around their stuff determines that that is a lie.] We holed up here cause the weather's getten cold and the trails are dangerous. We would go out for food every so often. Sometimes we'd get paid for helpin people on the road. But we wasn't no bandits. Them folks in Hommlet just don't like us none cause we can't afford no inns.

We ain't seen nothin but what I told you: there's a snake and I think Rupert said somethin about a spider but he was always a chicken-liver. We seen some folks come up to the doors a few weeks ago, I think. But they didn't come in. It ain't like wes was usin this place as a hideout for robbin no one, we just needed shelter.

Please let me go. I ain't hurt you. In fact we tried to run away!
greyarea

Postby GreyKatana » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Father Redmond - Cleric

"You are lying to us. Slay him, his soul will be more cooperative after the torture ritual."
GreyKatana

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at Father Redmond with a dour look on his face and says "Yes, the good Father is correct. His dead soul will yield much more information. Prepare him for the ritual!"

With that, Thurwin motions for one of our strong guys to knock the man out. Then we can secure him somewhere safe and come back for him later. Let's deal with him and then we can check the lower area.

OOC: Perhaps he doesn't know too much and he's just a common hood, but he is a brigand, and we need to take him to the Hommlett to answer for his crimes. He did tell us about a potential danger (the snake?) so I'll cut him a tiny bit of slack, assuming that's not a lie. Let's go below and see what's there. If it's too much, then we can take this clown back to town today. What do you all say?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:03 am

Tavin - Monk

Maybe he could distract the snake?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:22 am

Spanningtree wrote:Tavin - Monk

Maybe he could distract the snake?

Our spider friend might like a snack too...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 am

Tavin - Monk

Tavin nods at Thurwin's response... I wonder what snake venom would do to the spider... say someone were to present a poisoned corpse to the spider...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk