1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Postby Nightblade » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Bombar, dwarf

A stone to his axe when his tankard is absent from his hand, Bombar hardly notices Igli and the new arrival when they enter the common room. He then casts a look to the door. A puzzled expression passes over his features like the shadow of a cloud before he stands, axe clattering to the floor. "Seems I forgot meself. Bombar Boulderfist, son of Belfar, and well met," says he gruffly with a ragged grin.
Nightblade

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:34 am

Soldath

Soldath will grin and wink a "well done" to Marion. A 120 royals and a town where the distractions may be more zealous... this is indeed to good to pass up!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:50 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan pumps his fist, smiling and says "Sukiskyn, eh? Sounds like a beautiful place, hopefully with hearty food and drink. When do we set out?"
badams30

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 am

Marion - Female Hobbit

Seemingly in good spirits from the wine and extra gold in the reward

"Sounds great. I'll just need to take care of a few things before an' we shove off. Trim down the calluses on my feet and pack me pack up with the bedroll and such and get another pouch of smoke from the shop. Oh, and sharpen up my throwin' axes case we run into trouble."

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby rredmond » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

Igli rolls his eyes in a jovial way, "spirited yes Stephan. And good in a tight spot. Which is what you'll be wanting, just in case." he smiles at Stephan and his friends. "Looks like we are in. When and where would you have us meet to leave?"
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Tret, roguish rogue

Tret smiles and puts on a good show. "Sorry if I seemed suspicious there, it's just been a hard few months with little in terms of coppers to rub together, much less royals. I say we're in as well."
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Stephan smiles. "Splendid! Is settled then. Meet us at homestead, Sukiskyn, in little over week's time."

The horse trader orders a round of drinks for everyone, then continues. "Best way to get there is to take river. I have friend, Kalanos. Has boat. Soon will take first trip of spring up river to lumber camps. I let him know you're coming. Meet him in one week, on Moldain, 7th of Thaumont at docks here in town. He'll give you passage."

Stephan takes a sip of vodka. "I'm afraid cannot join you on trip. My brother has business with other homestead, and I must go there next. Will see you soon, though. Wait till you see horses. You'll like!"

Assuming nobody has any questions, Stephan stands up and shakes hands with Igli. "'Twas good to run into you again, my friend. I look forward to welcoming you and friends at Sukiskyn." He orders you all another round, pays for it, slaps ten nobles down in front of Soldath, then bids you farewell.

Actions? or questions? Quick! Before he gets to the door! :D

DM edit: I overestimated the distance between Kelvin and Sukiskyn. Rather than being due at the homestead on the 7th of Thaumont, your party will leave Kelvin on this date. I have edited this turn to reflect those changes. It's a drag, really, because you have to wait around another week; BUT, due to the law of attraction, now that you have a job, you suddenly find other small jobs coming your way. Seems everyone needs help re-thatching their roofs, digging trenches, sealing boat hulls, etc., now that winter's over. Before you know it, the week has gone by, you've gotten yourselves into shape and cleared the cobwebs from your brains. The Sign of the Smashed Tankard is now crawling with hot damsels and wenches, or handsome knights and bards--whatever your preference--and even after all the extra pub fare and ale you had to buy, you still find yourself each with 60 cronas (silver pieces) in your pockets. Not much, but enough for Athelstan to buy some motion sickness medicine before he gets on the boat. ;)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius nods gravely to Stephan. "Your terms are acceptable."
kipper

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Marion - Female Hobbit

Says under her breath to the person next to her, "Why do I have the creepy feeling we're gettin' taken for a ride?"

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:30 am

Soldath

Thank you for the deposit Stephan. Just a few more moments of your time! Soldath will take out his map of Karameikos, pen and ink. If I could trouble you for some details that should be filled in. Could you please show us where the hamlet of Sukiskyn is? Assuming he is shown he will note it on his map. To get the horses to Rifllian I assume we will need to cross the river and pass through Kelvin on the way. I know there is a ferry on the river to the north east... Misha's I think. Can we use that ferry to get the horses across? Ferry men being what they are and all I am sure the cost might be significant. Since you do this often I would think you know the cost. Could you leave us with the funds needed for this crossing? Where do we cross the river between Kelvin and Rifllan and is there a cost there? Your friend Kalanos, thankfully giving us passage, does he expect payment for this passage and is his boat large enough for all of us?

OCC: Soldath will scoop up his deposit of 10 royals (I feel like pulp fiction big macs) and secret them away. Sheet updated.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror