1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Taranna - Elf

Oh, for Poseidon's sake... she will lose another arrow at the pesky hound in retreat.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Tasrem will have a closer look at the 'tamed' hound, intrigued. He will even try to pat his head to see the result.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby saalaria » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 am

Joffrey

Seeing the final beast turn tail, the warrior looks for his horse, to tend to its wounds.

"Those truly were hounds from hell, has anyone seen their like before? Do you think they were summoned by the enemy to do its bidding most foul?"
saalaria

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:08 am

Combat round 5

Initiative: party 3, hellhound 4

The wounded, blinded hellhound turns tail and runs like, well, you know. :D

Roikos digs his spurs into Peny. The horse gives chase, but the hellhound manages to outpace her.

Taranna fires another arrow. The retreating creature is at medium range, but the elf is a good shot, and the arrow sinks deep into the hellhound's hindquarters (6 hp dmg). Flames shoot from its mouth and nostrils as it runs for its infernal life.

Zelaz utters a few snooty-sounding words in Sylaire. A bead of light shoots from his fingertips, then explodes into a bolt of lightning, the end of which strikes the hellhound. As a deafening thunderclap assaults your ears, the creature lights up the late afternoon sky, it's body crackling with energy. It then slumps to the ground, dead.

Tasrem approaches the charmed hellhound, venturing a pat on its head. The creature snarls, then lunges at the elderly wizard, biting him for 1 hp dmg. As Tasrem pulls his hand back in pain, he remembers that a charmed monster will treat the caster as its friend, and no one else.

Joffrey examines Zephyr. He looks pretty badly beat up, but he should be able to hobble back to the village in one piece.

Aristide looks over the bodies of the fallen soldiers. Some looked to have had their throats torn out, presumably by the hellhounds. Others appear to have been singed, also by hellhounds.

A pair of footprints lead west into the desert and setting sun. If you turn back now, you might be able to return to Pramayama before dark.

Aristide 44/44
--Max 19/19
Tasrem 14/15
Taranna 34/34
Zelaz 15/15
Sir Joffrey 36/51
--Zephyr 5/19
Roikos 50/50
--Peny 10/16

Actions? Remember missiles and spells.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide shakes his head at the carnage, then says with a hint of impatience "Well then, time to head back, eh? Don't want Captain Dramatic to come looking for us, eh? EH? Aristide makes an exaggerated gesture and his snorting but loyal mount approaches and kneels so he can mount up, which he does quickly, turning Max back toward the direction of the busted old village.

As he turns, he closes the distance to Sir Joffery and says above a whisper "Hey, sorry about that arrow. I'm usually a crack shot. Apologies. I'll buy you a bevy of cold ones when we get back to the... uh, well... you get the idea, eh?"

Aristide tries to spur the group into moving back to the village.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Taranna

Do we head back or spend the night here, follow the tracks?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Zelaz smiles at the carnage of his lightning bolt. When he sees his new pet bite Tasrem, he says, Watch yourself Tasrem, Ténèbres here is faithful to me alone. Aren't you boy? He scratches the newly named hell hound behind the ears.

We should follow those tracks and see this through. I thought we would return tonight but I don't see the body of the bishop here at all, tho it is certainly difficult through the gore. Anyone recognize these folk from the troops?
greyarea

Postby kwll » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Tasrem acknowledges the words of Zelaz but, mending his wounded hand, he says laconically: "I vote for going back now. Let's look for tracks tomorrow."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 am

Aristide - Thief

At the talk of camping or proceeding, Aristide says "Remember, the Captain told us to be back for guard duty. I don't think he'd like us out here." Glancing about, he adds "Just saying."

OOC: The Capt was pretty adamant that we be back, so Aristide prefers not to incur the wrath of the crazy guy.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:15 am

ROIKOS: Cleric

"Before we make a decision, let us observe the power of Vanya. Roikos then casts Cure Serious Wounds on Zephyr, and then casts Cure Serious Wounds on Joffrey.
"There, my friends, be healthy - for Wisdom and War."

With that, he turns his attention to his own mount, and casts Cure Light Wounds. "May Vanya bring health and wisdom to you as well, the best of beasts, my brave Penhaligon."

When the rituals are complete, he addresses his companions, "Friends, I am torn. My heart says to follow the tracks, but my training leads me to return to camp by nightfall. It seems we have disagreement in our ranks. Whatever we choose, I insist we do not separate. Some of us will have to sacrifice their conscience for what they feel is right. On this, can we agree?"

OOC: Does Roikos know what consequences the Captain is able to command upon our group if we disobey him? I don't know if Roikos would know or understand the hierarchy and structure enough to make an educated guess on what their punishment might be, if any.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads