Return to the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Manor

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 am

Ogres quattro 2

INITIATIVE ogres, d6, 6, party d6, 1 ogres have initiative (not a great way to start this adventure).

The first ogre O1 chases after Castinus but meets with Furuk who is entering the fray. He swings his mighty club (d20, 1, CRITICAL MISS) and loses the club. It sails past the tee-box on the eighth hole. He will lose a round recovering it.

Ogres 2 and 3 struggle against the web. Snap snap go the strands as the mighty muscles work.

Ogre 4 engages Grimes (d20, 17-2=15, MISS barely) and his club smashes the ground where the halfling just was.

--------------------------

The party responds (magic, missiles, melee)

Dieter waves his hands and chants casting magic missile and aiming at O4. Two yellow bolts with sparking tails launch from the wizard's fingertips, each hitting its target unerringly (2xd6+1, 3+1=4, 5+1=6) and with a bang and a puff of smoke on impact.

Castinus fires his bow of doubling (2xd20, 2, MISS, 9, MISS) but this time his missiles, um... miss.

Dandy dwarf cleric flings his mighty hammer (d20, 6, MISS) but his head isn't in the game.

Shae fires an arrow at O1 (d20, 3, MISS) but her Half-Elven honey shot is wide as well.

Grimes swings his Sword of Dismemberment at the legs of his foe (d20, 10, HIT, dmg d6+3, 2+3=5) slicing deeply into the monster's thigh. Boy oh boy, it's mad now.

Furuk stabs with his Sword +1 (d20, 14, HIT, d8+3, 7+3=10), embedding the sword to the hilt. His foe dies before hits the ground. He will never recover his club.

One ogre still engages the halfling and two others fight their web.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:39 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will peg one of the ogre's in the web with a continual light spell.

OCC: Spell deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage

Undaunted, Shae keeps her distance and fires another arrow.

ooc: Shae's a 'she' and a half-elven 'honey', don't be sayin' "HIS shot is wide..." 8-) :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 am

kjc wrote:
ooc: Shae's a 'she' and a half-elven 'honey', don't be sayin' "HIS shot is wide..." 8-) :D

fixed
greyarea

Postby kjc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 am

:lol: :lol: Nice!
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 am

Spanningtree wrote:Dieter - Mage

Dieter will peg one of the ogre's in the web with a continual light spell.

OCC: Spell deducted.

I know it's probably obvious but he's going for the eyes. :D
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 am

Dandy

Awaits the return of his hammer and throws again - possibly aiming for the dolt going after his club he tossed down the green.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 am

Grimes - Crazy Halfling Fighter

Grimes bellows at the ogre as he swings again, imagining in his mind the ogre hopping around on one leg, howling in pain....
"GRRRRRRRR!"
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm

kjc wrote:
badams30 wrote:Knowing KJC, I'd say his action will be:
Pulls his purple tutu up to just below his armpits, then swings his pink Hello Kitty shortsword in wild arcs while shouting "SHOO! SHOOOOO!"

ooc: @badams: I can't believe you would be so mean! To imply that I would ever accessorize pink with purple is just hateful...I wouldn't be caught dead without complementary colors and a matching scarf! You Sir are no gentleman!
(rapidly and limp-wristedly fanning both hands near eyes, choking back tears)

<exasperated sigh> You boys are so nelly. ;)

Castinus prepares another arrow for his ogre friends just breaking out of the web. "Take 'em down, Shae," he hollers.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Ogres quattro 3

INITIATIVE Ogres, d6, 2; party d6, 5 party has initiative

Dieter casts continual light on they eyes (thank you for that clarification ;) ) of O2. A bright white glow forms on the eyes of the ogre, blinding him.

Shae fires an arrow (d20, 1, CRITICAL MISS) but cuts herself on her bowstring in her haste to nock the arrow. She takes 1HP damage from the cut.

Dandy prepares a hammer throw at the ogre without his club, but he sees that Furuk has already dispatched him and so tosses at O3 in the web (d20, 19, HIT, dmg d8+2x2, 2+2x2=8) wounding him.

Castinus fires his Bow of Doubling at O2 (d20, 1, CRITICAL MISS) but fumbles the arrow and knocks the bow from his own hands. He will miss a round recovering his bow.

Grimes swings his Sword of Dismemberment at O4's legs (d20, 13, HIT, dmg d6+3, 6+3=9). He doesn't take off the leg, but he does seem to hit something critical as a font of blood erupts and the ogre dies reaching for his leg.

Furuk (autopilot) begins to go help Grimes but find his foe vanquished. He doesn't wade into the web with the remaining ogres and waits to see what happens in the next round.

The two webbed ogres continue to struggle. The web continues to snap under pressure from their mighty muscles.

As if alerted by the battle, an ogre joins in from the tower, screaming, in broken common, Willhelm will save! He throws what appears to be an iron pot (still hot from a fire) at (d6, 4, DANDY) the dwarf cleric (d20, 18, HIT, dmg d12, 7) which dents his helmet as his bell is rung. He has what appears to be a wicked chef's knife in his hand as he approaches the party.

So now there is another. Two ogres are webbed (but for how long?), one blinded and one injured, and a third (Willhelm?) entering the fray.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 26/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 18/19

OOC: It will help me greatly if you tell me what magic items/weapons you are using. I try to remember but I might not catch it every time. Merci.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain