7. Loshad's Bargain

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 7. Loshad's Bargain

Postby kwll » Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 am

Meringered timidly follows Anja, shield in front, and will attempt to help his companions by engaging the closest foe he will be facing.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Sun May 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Round 2 - initiative: tie
I wasn't sure whether or not Meringered and Jörg were charging on foot or horseback, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and kept their actions vague. Please let me know your intentions and mounted status for next round.

The lead rider rears his horse back to take another swing at Athelstan. He misses. Athelstan comes back with a crippling blow (10 hp dmg). His foe curses him with a wail, but remains in the saddle...

until Tret fires another arrow, I'm assuming not a magic arrow: (d20: 20! 4 hp dmg). The force of the hit knocks the rider to the ground (6 hp dmg), where he's trampled to death underfoot. Bowman #5's arrow misses Tret.

Anja turns and swings her club at the closest bowman in range. She misses, loses her balance and then falls off her horse (1 hp dmg).
Because I forgot to penalize Soldath for falling off his horse, Anja gets a break. She also can get up and do something next round.

While Anja's foe could easily have put an arrow through the old prone crone's fuzzy brainbox at point blank range, he decides instead to turn his attention to someone posing a threat. That would be Harn, who takes an arrow for 2 hp dmg.

A second bowman fires at Harn, but misses.

A third bowman fires at Meringered, hitting the mild-mannered cleric for 1 hp dmg. Undaunted, Meringered presses on, swinging his mace up at Anja's /Harn's assailant (6 hp dmg). He falls to the ground, dead.

Bowman #4 fires at Jörg, but misses. Jörg rushes up to meet him, and slices the hapless henchman in two with his magic axe (8 hp dmg).

Soldath charges across the plain as Bowman #6 takes aim at him. Before your very eyes, hair sprouts all over his body. His nails and teeth elongate into claws and fangs. He lets out a howl as an arrow that would have nearly killed Soldath the man (4 hp dmg) pierces his chest. Instead, it gives only slight pause to...Soldath the werewolf!

Tethir and Harn did not declare any actions, and stare in stunned silence at Soldath as an arrow flies harmlessly past them.

Soldath 6/10 as human, 20/24 as werewolf
Athelstan 22/25
Tret Renegats 18/18
Harn Hammerhand 26/30
Meringered 5/9
Tethir 6/12
Anja 14/22
Jörg 20/25

The lead rider and two bowmen are dead. The five remaining bowmen exchange wide-eyed glances at each other. Acting as one, they turn tail and thunder off across the plain in retreat, in the direction of Xitiqa. It's just the sort of cowardice that would prompt a predator to give chase...

Actions? Don't forget to deduct any missiles fired, spells cast, etc.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun May 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Tret Renegats, rogue

Tret strings another normal arrow and lets fly at the fleeing baddies, aiming at whichever one is in closest range.

He says, to no one in particular, Heh, I think I might like Soldath better now.
greyarea

Postby kipper » Sun May 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

"... and stay out!!!" Anja shrieks at the retreating riders, shaking her staff in the air.
kipper

Postby badams30 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athlestan shouts, "Interrupt our journey? I'm going to kill you both... with some help!" And Athelstan will mound Bud and head int he direction of the retreating men, keeping a close and wary eye on Teen Wolf 2.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun May 25, 2014 5:55 pm

OCC: Do I have any control?!? :D If yes Soldath marks his territory.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 am

Spanningtree wrote:OCC: Do I have any control?!? :D If yes Soldath marks his territory.

Yes. Sorry, Joe. In PM I said you could control the transformation, and then in a sleep-deprived state I forgot about that while I was writing the turn. You're free to mark your territory, kill Tret, try to buy beer at a mom and pop package store, or order a piña colada at Trader Vic's.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kwll » Mon May 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Still on his saddle, Meringered muttered a quick prayer when he sees his companion change shape. Figuring that his magical shield might somehow protect him if Soldath decides he would like a cleric for lunch, he keeps it in a protective stance... and slowly moves apart.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby saalaria » Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Tethir - Elf

Tethir recovers from his lethargy or astonishment of the goings-on to fire at the retreating enemies.

"Woah - I wasn't expecting that! Do you think he is trainable?"
saalaria

Postby Spanningtree » Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Were'Soldath

Soldath marks his territory and waits to change back or something (at a respectable distance). Woooo, wuuuuuuf!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror