Again, into the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Again, into the Manor

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Castinus, being the fun-loving, careless, hard-drinking, high-living, wenching scoundrel that he is, searches the floor like a fastidious mental patient for stray arrows.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Among the dead ogres you find a bracelet that one of them was using as a nose-ring worth 150GP and a scroll. The invisible ogre is much harder to search due to his partial invisibility. You find nothing on him.

Castinus finds no arrows (and find the ones he shot were broken in battle) but a search of the rooms beyond reveals a small stash of more stuff: a partially drunk keg of beer, a sack containing gems which you estimate to be worth 2000GP in total, some dwarven-sized chain-mail, short bows, short swords and a sheaf of arrows (40). None look magical.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 30/46
--Furuk 45/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
greyarea

Postby kjc » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage

Shae walks over to the ink-stained yet still invisible ogre, "Say, that actually worked!" she smiles as she brushes her long blonde hair behind her ears. Eventually she gives up and begins tying it back."Gentlemen, if it suits you, I would like to keep the bracelet as a memento. And henceforth if Master Grimes would please refer to me by my new honorific: Shae Ogre-Friend..." she finishes with a wink to Grimes.

ooc: Adding 6 of the arrows to her quiver if no one objects.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:55 am

Grimes - Halfling

Grimes nods at Shae and the others and says, "We may need some more ink before this is over." He looks at the dead ogres, then rubs his wounds and says somewhat sheepishly, "Sorry about that. I thought he had the drop on me. So I felt it best to try and cut off his arms before his help arrived. They were just somewhat quicker than my arm lopping was." He looks dejectedly at the lone severed arm and says "I must be gettin' soft. Only one arm this time."

He goes over to the cask of beer and smells it. If it appears okay to drink, he'll take a hearty drag.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Dieter - Mage

You may want to give that a good cleaning... before use. He will say to Shae concerning the bracelet. Bully idea with the ink and all, I have at least one more vial in my pack. Stop feeling sorry for yourself Grimes, you did great, lucky not to be dead as usual. He will say with a smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Grimes - Halfling on the Edge

As Grimes goes on autopilot toward the beer, he suddenly says "Oh, that room off to the left, it's empty of ogres, but full of broken furniture and some other casks... we probably need to check that out. After a nice quick drink, of course..."
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:43 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk refrains from drinking more beer and helps search the room.

"Let's check out the room to the west."
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Searching the room to the west, you find it as the halfling on the edge described: a room of rubble and garbage. There are casks and kegs, all empty. You swear you hear a rat or two scurrying among the debris but they stay out of sight.

Even getting to the two rooms beyond is near impossible, as so much debris is piled up. Once you finally move broken furniture and other garbage from the doors, a look inside tells that both rooms hold more of the same. In fact, from the smells emanating from the more northerly room, there could well be some dead critters rotting in there.

This floor is effectively cleared.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes looks about, then says "Well, then. To the stairs and the next floor down?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 am

Dieter - Mage

Ja, that sounds good. Down we go.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain