Mutant Future - Thundarr: Warlord of the Sacred Library

This is a place to post your home-brew adventures.

Mutant Future - Thundarr: Warlord of the Sacred Library

Postby sniderman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:38 am

I just ran a new Thundarr the Barbarian game at Gary Con 2013, and am now ready to share a new adventure with everyone's favorite barbarian, mok, and sorceress! Click the link below to download "Thundarr the Barbarian: Warlord of the Sacred Library" for your own home games!

Thundarr the Barbarian: Warlord of the Sacred Library

A few notes:
* I used pre-gens for Thundarr, Ookla, and Ariel, but they're not included with this download. You can get them with my previous Thundarr adventure "Across the Dimensional Divide." (See the post elsewhere in this forum.) You'll need to make two copies of each PC. (You'll see why when you read the text.) Encourage the players to play the characters straight as it really helps make the game a success.
* The adventure is hardly a polished effort, as it's my rough notes for use during a con game. So please excuse spelling errors, formatting issues, and general unattractiveness. Originally, it was just for my eyes only.
* The script should be easy enough to follow, but it is a 3-4 hour "railroad" convention one-shot. There's not much "depth" to it. Point A to Point B to Point C to Big Bad Boss Fight at the end.
* I played the opening credits on a tablet for the players as we started. And when we were done, I played the end credits. (Not to mention the 80s commercials for cereal and toys!) This really helped the atmosphere and set the mood.
* Be sure to play it like the cartoon. Play up the voices and the exaggerated action sequences. If your players want to do it, let it happen! Cartoon action, my friends!
* If you'd like to run your home PCs through the adventure, you should be able to "ramp up" the encounters and the lethality of both Drakexx and Zardon. However, this game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where magic exists. If magic doesn't exist in your campaign, have Zardon's magic be the result of "Ancient holographic technology in the wrong hands.
sniderman

Re: Mutant Future - Thundarr: Warlord of the Sacred Library

Postby rredmond » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Cool!! That was your game Tim? Didn't realize. I heard great things and saw great pictures of that.
Rough notes or not, can't wait to read this!!!
Bill (capitalbill over at KnK) put these pics up:

Looks like it was fantastic good fun!!!
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Re: Mutant Future - Thundarr: Warlord of the Sacred Library

Postby greyarea » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Man, I wish I had made it to the Con. I would have played in as many of Sniderman's games as I could. Looks like great fun!
greyarea

Return to Adventures